AP Messier Quest questions

A place to post your Messier images for the Messier AP Award program.
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

AP Messier Quest questions

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

I see a write up for the visual Messier that any scope or type can be used but I don't see a write up for the AP Messier journey.

I have probably 90 or so Messiers imaged over the last few years, from my light polluted backyard as well as using the club scopes at the Seagrave Observatory in RI as well as I belong to SLOOH where they have scopes you can use to program and image with. Due to health reasons (major stroke, cancer survivor, extreme arthritis, bad cataract and bad floaters in left eye and more) I find it hard to stay up and stay out at night, which is why I am MAINLY a SOLAR IMAGER (and a darn good one) but I enjoy DSO's as well.

I have a mix of stuff with my scopes and club scopes. I want to mainly use images I have taken with my own gear but wonder about images using the other gear, is it acceptable?

I am also working for our club as the ALCOR (Astronomical League Coordinator) and personally working on the Master Outreach Award (already earned Basic and Stellar) the Globular Cluster Award, the Open Cluster Award, the Planetary Nebula Award, the Binocular Messier Award and if all that isn't enough I am working on doing my bird photography ( www.jeffpadellphotography.com )

Have more cameras than telescopes!

I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)