KingClinton
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Fake astronomy news.

Post by KingClinton »

Would anyone care to explain this one!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 4574352147
Eyeballs, binoculars, sketch box, Scopes n stuff.
Some people don't understand why I love astronomy so much, I cannot understand why they do not!

KingNothing13 United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KingNothing13 »

KingClinton wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 pm Would anyone care to explain this one!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 4574352147
:Think:

Nope, I got nothing.

Apparently the moon disappearing from the night sky is NOT a monthly event.
-- Brett

Scope: Apertura AD10 with Nexus II with 8192/716000 Step Encoders
EPs: ES 82* 18mm, 11mm, 6.7mm; GSO 30mm
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars
List Counts: Messier: 75; Herschel 400: 30; Caldwell: 12; AL Carbon Star List: 16
Brett's Carbon Star Hunt

KingClinton
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KingClinton »

Here is what Earth sky say about this so called black moon.
Depending on where you live worldwide, the new moon falls on July 31 or August 1, 2019. Same new moon … different time zones. Thus this new moon is either the second of two July 2019 new moons. Or it’s the first of two August 2019 new moons. Either way, the second of two new moons in one calendar month is sometimes called a Black Moon. Here, in the United States, the Black Moon – July’s second new moon – falls on July 31. In the world’s Eastern Hemisphere, a Black Moon falls in late August.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 4575135402
Some people don't understand why I love astronomy so much, I cannot understand why they do not!

KingNothing13 United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KingNothing13 »

KingClinton wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:12 pm Here is what Earth sky say about this so called black moon.
Depending on where you live worldwide, the new moon falls on July 31 or August 1, 2019. Same new moon … different time zones. Thus this new moon is either the second of two July 2019 new moons. Or it’s the first of two August 2019 new moons. Either way, the second of two new moons in one calendar month is sometimes called a Black Moon. Here, in the United States, the Black Moon – July’s second new moon – falls on July 31. In the world’s Eastern Hemisphere, a Black Moon falls in late August.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 4575135402
:lol:

I get the concept - I had never heard to it referred to as a "black moon" before yesterday, so I looked it up then....sounds like another one of those "lets call it something and say that's what it's been called all along" things. I am probably wrong about that! :)

That Mirror article though is HORRIBLY written. I know that they are writing for the "masses" and not "us" - but still....horrible! :lol:
-- Brett

Scope: Apertura AD10 with Nexus II with 8192/716000 Step Encoders
EPs: ES 82* 18mm, 11mm, 6.7mm; GSO 30mm
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars
List Counts: Messier: 75; Herschel 400: 30; Caldwell: 12; AL Carbon Star List: 16
Brett's Carbon Star Hunt

bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

Well, today I got...

From one of my astrology oriented employees: "Oh man. I've been awake since 2 o'clock this morning. There is some weird energy going on. Is there anything happening with the Moon right now?"

Me: "I should go."

And while I was at my desk, a different employee:

<knock knock> "Bryan, are you busy?"

"Actually, yes! I really need to get this spreadsheet finalized for the meeting in half an hour, and..."

"Well, I just wanted you to know," takes seat in front of my desk, "they've got this Black Supermoon Moon thing happening. Do you know about that?"

"Yeah, but..."

"My son says it only happens about every 10,000 years and we won't see it again for long time. I bet that looks real neat in your telescope."

"Not especially, you see..."

"We've got a telescope but it's out in the garage. Ricky says he wants to do that stuff, you know that stuff like you do? Well, Ricky says he wants to do that. He's got books too. He likes that stuff. And did you hear about what Meghan and Prince Harry named their baby? Archie. Ain't that kinda weird? That's a old-timey name. They like them old-timey names over there in England."

"They do? I can introduce you to two Archies in this building right now..."

"My daddy was foreman at Cessna up in Wichita. Have you ever been to Wichita? I really want to go there and see things. You know Cessna has moved to the other side of town since my daddy worked there in the 40's. He was a welder. When he come back after the war, he opened a welding shop here and folks from all around brought him things to fix. I sure am proud of my daddy. I miss him."

Meanwhile, I managed to conceal my cell phone under my desk and dialed my desk phone.

"Oh, I really need to take this call! Thanks for stopping by!"

"Bye Bryan! Thanks for talking to me!"

Holy cow.
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

KingClinton
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KingClinton »

Should have told the gentleman he could get up at 2AM and see the black moon for hisself.
Take some time, get your eyes dark adapted enough not to see it! :lol:
Also, if you wait long enough you gets to see the sun in the same sky, also known as a black sun!
Black hole sun, won't you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun, won't you come?
Won't you come? Won't you come?

You could also show him this image I took last night of the black moon!

IMG_20190801_091458.jpg