Convert your images to 3D in seconds!

This is our area for Vendors. If you are a vendor and wish to promote your products please feel free to do so.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post any new products, discounts, or special announcements!
Also you may post in the open forums to answer specific questions about your products. The only thing we ask is to not downgrade another vendors products.
startoolsastro
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

Convert your images to 3D in seconds!

Post by startoolsastro »

Anaglyphs, side-by-sides, standalone 2.5D embeddable web content, VR experiences and even Facebook 3D photos. All generated in seconds.

A fun little feature to play with, just in time for the holidays - show your friends and family this year's haul in glorious 3D. :D The depth information is based on educated guessing rather than being scientifically accurate, but it can be useful for a number of things (not to mention it just looks plain cool!).

Go here to learn more about the new Stereo 3D module.

For me, it's been a nice break from the usual dry signal processing theory and enhancements. Wishing you all happy holidays and a healthy and prosperous 2020!

Ivo

Ivo Jager - creator of StarTools
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Convert your images to 3D in seconds!

Post by Juno16 »

Man, I wish that I had some 3d glasses to check that out!

Pretty cool effectI imagine.

Happy holidays to you too Ivo!

Thanks,
Jim
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
JimMinCT United States of America
Saturn Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JimMinCT »

That looks very cool with the red/blue glasses... Well Done!
(I keep a pair of both red/blue and the newer grey styles on hand at all times.) :)
Cheers!
OTA's: Kson 1026-C, 4" Carbon Fiber ED Refractor, Home-built, 6.1", f/2.? APO refractor... (In Progress) 8" Meade LX2 SCT Mounts: CGX Imaging: ZWO ASI 1600MM, Canon 550D (T2i) Software: PixInsight, APT, PHD2, SharpCap, SGP, Stellarium, Registax, Stuff: Astro-Tech 0.8x FR/FF, Hotech SCA FF, ZWO 7nm 31mm LRGB-SHO filter set, ZWO 8 position EFWObsy: "Maybe Spaceship" Observatory
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

:D Your ca is a bit high in this one, time for a fringe killer yeah?
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

startoolsastro
Moon Ambassador

Post by startoolsastro »

yobbo89 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:07 am :D Your ca is a bit high in this one, time for a fringe killer yeah?
:lol:
Tillibobs Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Tillibobs »

Thanks for sharing. At last my filters have a use !, must dig them out of the sock drawer haha.
startoolsastro
Moon Ambassador

Post by startoolsastro »

Tillibobs wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:11 am Thanks for sharing. At last my filters have a use !, must dig them out of the sock drawer haha.
:D
Or perhaps Santa might fill those socks with a VR headset? An Oculus Quest if you've been particularly good, but even a $5 Google Cardboard headset (ebay link) will do.
Or you can perceive some depth in this version of the image (link) without visual aids.
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

I just happened to have a pair of 3d glasses handy!!!

It does give the effect. But it's kinda weird looking at it on the computer.

Time to go play......

PS here's wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas Ivo! Thanks again for all of your support!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

I have a pair of 3D glasses from of all things, an old comic book :lol: That is really cool; thanks for the info!

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi Ivo. I don't have the cardboard stereo glasses. So, I used a 1.25" #25 red eyepiece filter on one eye, and a #58 green or #80B blue eyepiece filter on the other eye to view the image. There was some chromatic aberration visible, but the artistic depth perception was apparent. This is some pretty amazing stuff. Thanks Ivo, and the best of regards.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
startoolsastro
Moon Ambassador

Post by startoolsastro »

Makuser wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:58 pm Hi Ivo. I don't have the cardboard stereo glasses. So, I used a 1.25" #25 red eyepiece filter on one eye, and a #58 green or #80B blue eyepiece filter on the other eye to view the image. There was some chromatic aberration visible, but the artistic depth perception was apparent. This is some pretty amazing stuff. Thanks Ivo, and the best of regards.
Ha! That's clever. A true astrophotographer doesn't need those pesky glasses! :)
There are 3 types of anaglyphs ST can generate, all with subtly different anti-ghosting measures. There's a "true" anaglyph mode as well which separates red and blue better for less ghosting. For example this well known HST of the M51 pair;
heic0506a_anaglyphscreen.jpg