Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Gordon »

We have added a new Photo of the Day area in our forums. viewforum.php?f=103

Here's our plan on how it will work.

1. There's a forum for members to suggest their picks for the TSS POTD viewforum.php?f=104. These will be our starting point for the selection process.

2. If there are no member selections the "TEAM" will pick.

3. Any images taken by one of our TSS members is eligible. This includes all categories of images, Deep Sky, Lunar, Solar, Solar System, and Nightscape.

4. The selections can be from any one of the forum areas and the image DOES NOT have to have been recently taken or posted.

5. We will add a "flair" (small icon) in the users profile as recognition that the member had one of their images selected.

6. We have also added a "PHOTO OF THE DAY" area (see the top of the page) that is similar to our Articles and Reviews area. A link to the original post will be included.

We hope everyone enjoys the great images our members post on TSS!!!!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

I think it's a great idea Gordon; kinda like APOD but on a more personal level :D I just hope it's not too much for you and the rest of the team to keep on top of...

Now to go look at some photo's, or get back to work. Decisions, decisions... :lol:
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Gordon »

Thefatkitty wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:16 pm I think it's a great idea Gordon; kinda like APOD but on a more personal level :D I just hope it's not too much for you and the rest of the team to keep on top of...

Now to go look at some photo's, or get back to work. Decisions, decisions... :lol:
No. This one is pretty easy as long as we get some help from members with photos and suggestions.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.