We have added a new Photo of the Day area in our forums. https://theskysearchers.com/viewforum.php?f=103
Here's our plan on how it will work.
1. There's a forum for members to suggest their picks for the TSS
. These will be our starting point for the selection process.
2. If there are no member selections the "TEAM" will pick.
3. Any images taken by one of our TSS
members is eligible. This includes all categories of images, Deep Sky, Lunar, Solar, Solar System, and Nightscape.
4. The selections can be from any one of the forum areas and the image DOES NOT have to have been recently taken or posted.
5. We will add a "flair" (small icon) in the users profile as recognition that the member had one of their images selected.
6. We have also added a "PHOTO OF THE DAY" area (see the top of the page) that is similar to our Articles and Reviews area. A link to the original post will be included.
We hope everyone enjoys the great images our members post on TSS
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 254N, Orion ST80, Orion Atlas EQ-g mount, Orion SSAG guider. Baader MPCC MkIII coma corrector, Vixen 70mm refractor. Lunt LS35THa solar scope. Skywatcher EQ5pro mount. Imagers: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm Eyepieces: a few, Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, EQMOD, SGP, Nebulosity, Photoshop, StarTools V1.4