ASICAPStudio

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
Telescope
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

ASICAPStudio

Post by Telescope »

Anyone using this program from ZWO? I received my ZWO ASI120mm Mini guide scope today and downloaded this program along with driver. I have only looked it over lightly but did hook up the camera easily. It seems to be a AP's dream in that it has everything in one program. Planet.deep sky camera settings, autoguide for EQ ans Wedge, ADC,FWC,ROI, and even stacking. I still just can't find any info or users of this and wonder why. I still can't get PHD2 to recognize my camera but ASICAP did right away.......makes one wonder. Anyone know about this, good or bad please respond and Thank You

Telescope :galleleo:
Star Dad United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: ASICAPStudio

Post by Star Dad »

I have the same camera and ASICAP. the camera works well with PHD2 for me. I use the ASICAP for taking video - but only through my 294MC. I know I tried the ASICAP with the 120MM but only when I first got it as I was testing it out.

It might be an issue with the port/USB. It really wants to be in a USB 3 connection - not the usual USB 2
"To be good is not enough when you dream of being great"

Orion 203mm/f4.9/1000mm, converted TASCO 114mm/f9/1000mm to steam punk, Meade 114mm/f9/1000, Coronado PST, Orion EQ-G, Ioptron Mini-Tower and iEQ30, Canon 70D, ASI120MM,ASI294MC, Ioptron SkyHunter
Harmonious
Earth Ambassador

Re: ASICAPStudio

Post by Harmonious »

As far as i know the 120 works just fine with a USB 2 connection. I've connected several ZWO cams via USB2

After you install the current ZWO Windows drivers you should see all connected ZWO cameras in the PHD connect dialog.
phd cam sel.jpg
These cameras should also appear under Imaging in Device Manager. If you don't see the cam in Device Manager you won't see it in PHD. Absence indicates a connection failure. An exclamation point next to a camera indicates a probable driver issue.