APT not talking to my EAF anymore

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
Saturn/Uranus
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

APT not talking to my EAF anymore

Post by Saturn/Uranus »

APT used to connect to and control my ZWO eaf, but now when I press the 'connect' button, APT only connects with a generic ASCOM focus wheel simulator , I'm given a random position number and I can make the number go up or down (in and out) as if its WORKING.. but my EAF does not move.

However, I can operate the focuser separately via ASCOM or ASICAP directly but through separate windows but there is no option anywhere to make my EAF the default focuser for APT to grab and there is no drop-down menu in APT enabling me to choose between focusers in the same way that one can when switching between cameras. Plus there doesn't appear to be anything in the settings tab, no EAF options.

I have updated all possible drivers from ZWO, ran an update diagnostic tool for ASCOM and REINSTALLED APT, all to no avail.

Its not the end of the world, just bloody frustrating after losing 2 hrs of one of the clearest nights this year so far.
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: APT not talking to my EAF anymore

Post by Graeme1858 »

Saturn/Uranus wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:46 pm APT used to connect to and control my ZWO eaf, but now when I press the 'connect' button, APT only connects with a generic ASCOM focus wheel simulator , I'm given a random position number and I can make the number go up or down (in and out) as if its WORKING.. but my EAF does not move.

Do you hold the shift key when you click connect? You should then be able to select your specific focuser from the drop down list if the ASCOM driver is installed. Then click the Properties button to select Focuser Settings.

Not sure if that helps, my focuser isn't automatic and I control it from the CPWI software.

Last night was a very clear night in Kent too, but the humidity was stupidly high!

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/