SGP "Try the Beta they said!"

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

SGP "Try the Beta they said!"

Post by UlteriorModem »

Sequence Generator Pro.. "Try the Beta they said, it will be fun they said!" Well read on!

I had asked for a feature to be added to be able to copy start and end times to other targets in the sequence (for mosaics). I was amazed when they said it would be easy and it was already in a Beta release.

Cool I though I would try it out. Well it worked just fine. Everything seemed in order. Sequence was programmed, everything connected fine.. but!

Last night I spent an hour refining my alignment. Drift align is a PITA when you don't have west or east views :( But finally I resolved to 'good enough'. This really has nothing to do with the Beta of SGP other than adding to my frustration.

All set now even plate solved and synched. Push the start sequence button and Kablooie! Every single target had issues with Start coordinates. Nope aint gonna run!

So I grumbled a little and figured I would just roll back to the previous version once the camera warmed up. Which I did. Went to load the sequence and it all had been changed and overwritten and would not load into the previous version. Phooey!

At that point I said the hell with it. Disconnected everything and put on the covers. Looked up and clouds were rolling in. Just as well I thought. Should be clear tomorrow. Nope :(

I should have backed up the sequences in a separate location before opening them in the new version of SGP. Oh well live and learn :D
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: SGP "Try the Beta they said!"

Post by yobbo89 »

poor tom, i have a bit of a habit for buying a laptop for each scope setup. each setup plays havoc on the settings if i swap the computers around with scopes/mounts.lesson learned, if ain't broke don't fix it!, put every usb back in the same socket!, strict procedure of starting up apps in order!, would you like to update?. click no!

I suppose you're on the new sgp 3.0 ? , i can't even remember what version i'm on, i think they had a v2 to v3 discount update for prev users.

edit: i just had a look on the website, it says you can use up to 3 machines!!! now i need to download it for my other computers...
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Yea 3.0.69 or some such. The beta was 3.1 something.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Better luck for next time UM!
Go launch some rockets, you will feel better afterwards :)
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Heh thanks Gab next launch is next week! :D

Things have taken a turn for the worse with SGP. It is now telling me that targets are below the horizon :(

Looks like it may take more time to get this sorted out.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

One of these should correct the issue.
UC3069.jpg
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt