Sharing My Imaging Location In Stellarium

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
fatboy1271
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

Sharing My Imaging Location In Stellarium

Post by fatboy1271 »

I thought I'd share my backyard imaging location with anyone that wants to pull it into Stellarium 🤘 I've wanted to make a custom landscape for, oh, a few years now. Finally got around to it and it's freakin' awesome!!! Sure, it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close and should give me enough insight as to when I should stop tracking a target.

If you choose to check this out, it's extremely simple:
> Download my image and ini files:
> Create a folder called fatboy1271 in C:\Program Files\Stellarium\landscapes\
> Move the downloaded files to C:\Program Files\Stellarium\landscapes\fatboy1271
> Open Stellarium, go to 'Sky and viewing options window [F4],' select Landscape, and then select fatboy1271

Now you can see what I have to contend with when I image. To the SE is Los Angeles and that very friendly glow... *sarcasm*

If anyone else wants to create theirs please come back here and share your location! Here's the tutorial I followed:

fat
OTAs: Explore Scientific ED80 Essential Edition / The Little Guy (Celestron 90SLT)
Mount: Celestron Advanced VX
Gear: Canon 70D / Hutech LPS-D1-48 / ES 2" Field Flattener / QHY PoleMaster / Celestron GPS / ZWO ASI120MC / Orion 50mm Guide Scope / ZWO EAF
Software: CPWI / PHD2 / N.I.N.A / Stellarium/StellariumScope/Remote Control / PI / RegiStax 6 / AutoStakkert!2 / PIPP | Retired? BackyardEOS Premium
EPs: Stock Celestron 9mm and 24mm / Celestron Omni 32mm (I love this one!) / Celestron X-Cel LX 3x Barlow (I think 2X would have been smarter...)
Support Staff (Loved Ones!): CeCe, Ro, and Geno
Let's Go Pens!!!
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Sharing My Imaging Location In Stellarium

Post by UlteriorModem »

Yea I could not work without my 'custom horizon' that shows me the 'rise and set' times of objects out of and into the trees. I did it in Starry night pro.

Probably a very similar process albeit more complicated than yours.

But yes it is extremely helpful!
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro