Sequence Generator Pro

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Sequence Generator Pro

Post by OhNo »

I am trying to put the finishing touches in my Licensed SGP program. I did encounter an issue when I first tried the "Trial" version. The issue is the "Image Scale" in the Camera area of the Equipment Profile Manager. Can I get away with just filling in the Chip dimensions or do I need the specific Image Scale? To make the Trial version work I just plunked in a number "1.00". But this was just a guess, where might I find the Image Scale number for a Canon 1100D?

I've been side-tracked helping some guys getting their crops in the ground (seeding). That is winding down, but not quick enough! :o
Scopes: SkyWatcher 8" Quattro, Celestron C8, SkyWatcher ST120, Orion ST80, SharpStar 61EDPH II. SLT 130 Celestron
Mounts: CGEM, CG-4, EQ2, Alt Az, SLT
Cameras: ZWO ASI533MC Pro, ZWO ASI120MM, Canon 1100D
Aidi
Mars Ambassador

Re: Sequence Generator Pro

Post by Aidi »

You will need the scale to use plate solving. Easiest way is to click the icon on the task bar to open the control panel. Make sure your sensor size is entered as well as the readout.

Then click on the small button next to scale, it opens a calculator. Enter your details and it will calculate your image scale in relation to the pixel size and sensor size

Sorry for the crude markup on the pic, I’m on my ipad
Attachments
72B7BA06-1850-4B82-8556-6036ECA142E6.jpeg
Rgds
Aidi

Equipment: Skywatcher Esprit 120 | Altair Astro 70mm Quadruplet| EQ-6 R Pro | QHY PoleMaster | QHY5L-II Autoguide Camera | ZWO OAG | PHD2 | EQMOD/ASCOM | Atik 460ex Mono| ZWO ASI 1600mm Pro| Pegasus UPB & Focusers | SGP Pro | CDC | PS 2017 | PixInsight
OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

Much appreciated Aidi.
Scopes: SkyWatcher 8" Quattro, Celestron C8, SkyWatcher ST120, Orion ST80, SharpStar 61EDPH II. SLT 130 Celestron
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Huh, I never knew that was there! Cool find!

I always used this.

https://astronomy.tools/calculators/ccd
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

Mine doesn't have the pop-up thingy like Aidi showed. But I did find a number in the "Canon Template". Hopefully it will clear off before I forget the little bit that I've learned about setting up a sequence.
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

Hi OhNo,

If you could fill out a signature block in your UCP (User Control Panel) under "Profile" tab and "edit signature" that has all your "important gear", I could have used your camera's make and model to look up the specific info that SGP needs.

Having a signature is always a good thing.

Cheers,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

Will get that done soon JT. Still recovering from excessive work load.

It is a Canon 1100D stuffed in to a 8" SW Quattro. The only other thing in the imaging train is a Comma corrector.
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

Here you go.

Sensor size in mm 22.2 x 14.7mm
Sensor size in pixels 4272 x 2848
Pixel pitch 5.2µm

I own a couple Canon's so I know right where to go to get that info.

Cheers,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

That is half the battle, finding those pesky specs.

Thanks for saving me time JT. 8-)
Aidi
Mars Ambassador

Post by Aidi »

OhNo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:12 am Mine doesn't have the pop-up thingy like Aidi showed. But I did find a number in the "Canon Template". Hopefully it will clear off before I forget the little bit that I've learned about setting up a sequence.
The calculator only shows using the configuration panel window. it is not shown if you goto Tools and Profiles. All the other info is there but not the calculator... never figured out why its on one but not the other... so easy to miss!
Rgds
Aidi

Equipment: Skywatcher Esprit 120 | Altair Astro 70mm Quadruplet| EQ-6 R Pro | QHY PoleMaster | QHY5L-II Autoguide Camera | ZWO OAG | PHD2 | EQMOD/ASCOM | Atik 460ex Mono| ZWO ASI 1600mm Pro| Pegasus UPB & Focusers | SGP Pro | CDC | PS 2017 | PixInsight
OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

Still struggling to get Plate Solving to work in SGP. Had similar issues when I started using it in APT Guess I'm a little slow in the "uptake" department. I did find a great video that explained a few of the issues I was having. But still no joy... The problem seems to be I am too far off in DEC.

One thing that I am not impressed with is the source and file type if I want to use an image from a file on my computer. If I pick the get from a file on my computer it will only accept a .fit format. No biggy if your using a CMOS or CCD camera, a major problem if all you have is RAW images from a DSLR.

Wonder if my issues are related to the image scale of images used to plate solve from astrobin?
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

If you are using random images from Astrobin you really have no idea what the image scale is unless you look it up in the image stats if it has them.

Also images that are not in the fits format do not have such info in the image headers.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Aidi
Mars Ambassador

Post by Aidi »

Have you got ansvr setup as well in SGP for failover? I find it hit and miss with Platesolve2. One night it works fine, the next on the exact same target from the same reference it just fails. My plate solve fails over to Ansvr which is local on my pc and that seems to do the job and center things quite nicely.

https://adgsoftware.com/ansvr/

Make sure you get the right images selected for you fov.. These are then stored locally. I can’t remember what I needed for my two scopes... took me ages to figure which ones I needed to download!
Rgds
Aidi

OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

THX Aidi, I'll get ansvr installed on my imaging 'puter.
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

I exclusively use ANSVR as the imaging laptop is not connected to the interwebs to avoid unwanted interruptions.

Its a real pain to set up but once configured, and the appropriate libraries installed it almost always works. In fact when it does fail I know that something is amiss! Usually clouds, trees, our out of focus.

Also I should mention that when I do go for a plate solve I generally take at least a 12 second exposure to assure I get a rich enough star field.
Tom

Current Equipment:
OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

PS2 performed terrible last night. Found a image in astrobin with a Pixel scale .01 different than what mine (and yes AiDi is was a pain), both the RA and DEC were out-to-lunch by over 500 pixels. What is keeping my hopes up is that I did get Plate Solving to work in APT. Like ansvr it required the correct files to plate solve with, it works flawlessly every time with PS2.

I did re-configure SGP and told it to use ansvr as my solving program, it is obvious that I didn't have the correct files loaded from the ansvr site that AIDi linked. I'll keep reading and researching like an old dog with a bone.... Every attempt to test teaches me a bit more about the program(s). :shock: :o :lol:
OhNo Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OhNo »

I finally had success! With the help of watchin' another Canucks video a couple times ( ) it worked Ok. This evening the breeze (any air flow less than 25km/hr) was from the NE when I started, and SW when I packed it in. 0% Cloud, above average transparency and average seeing, and cool(ish) @ 4C.

Guiding was a bit crazy, but few garbage frames. Still lots to get familiar with, but the plate solving worked flawlessly. Especially when I threw some though targets at it. :o