jupiters position delay .

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
yobbo89 Australia
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

jupiters position delay .

Post by yobbo89 »

i'm just woundering if programs like fire capture and stellarium record jupiters position in real time or at the delay of it's light to reach earth ie.. 43 mins for sunlight to hit it and then the extra 30-50 mins for the return trip ... it's distant but predictable
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: jupiters position delay .

Post by bobharmony »

I'm sure the answer is the same as Cartes du Ciel, the program I use. It indicates the location of Jupiter to be where the light is arriving at the moment I am looking. That would be where Jupiter was 43 minutes ago when the light reflected off it.

Oh and don't forget that the program also has to account for the amount the Earth has rotated in those 43 minutes. It is a wonder any of it works!

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla