SGP Saving target events?

Discuss software associated with Astronomy!
KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

SGP Saving target events?

Post by KathyNS »

If there is a way to do this and I ever knew it, I've forgotten... I have a standard series of exposures that I take for LRGB images and another for HaLRGB images. I have standard exposure times and binning factors for each filter. Is there any way to save these per-target settings for re-use?

It seems silly to have to check Run 5 times, select the same 5 filters, select the same 5 exposure times, the same 5 binning factors, and often the same 5 Repeat counts, when they don't change from one target to the next.

I could save a boilerplate sequence, I suppose, but I thought I'd check if there was a feature I'd overlooked.
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1045

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Re: SGP Saving target events?

Post by Gordon »

KathyNS wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:51 pm If there is a way to do this and I ever knew it, I've forgotten... I have a standard series of exposures that I take for LRGB images and another for HaLRGB images. I have standard exposure times and binning factors for each filter. Is there any way to save these per-target settings for re-use?

It seems silly to have to check Run 5 times, select the same 5 filters, select the same 5 exposure times, the same 5 binning factors, and often the same 5 Repeat counts, when they don't change from one target to the next.

I could save a boilerplate sequence, I suppose, but I thought I'd check if there was a feature I'd overlooked.
Since switching to NINA I haven't used SGP in a while. What is sounds like you want to do is save an 'equipment' setting for both rather than a sequence setting. If I remember correctly you can do that.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

I'm in the same boat, when starting a new target the sequence is always the same that I use but always have to find each filter, add 30 exposures, add suffix ectt.

I'm sure one could load an old sequence with those settings then make a new one then just copy them each time.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KathyNS »

You can duplicate events from one target to another within a sequence, but you can't copy events from a different sequence.

I made up a dummy sequence with four unspecified targets, and a full set of HaLRGB frames with my standard exposure times for each target. I saved it, so in future, I can call it up, populate the target settings, and save it as a real sequence.
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin