Would it be a cool idea if I set up some sort of interactive livestream showing live views of space

Discuss deep sky objects.
realflow100 United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Would it be a cool idea if I set up some sort of interactive livestream showing live views of space

Post by realflow100 »

Would it be a cool idea if I set up some sort of interactive livestream showing live views of space with a wireless transmitter and receiver to remote-control my goto tracker and camera. with realtime stacked/long exposures livestreamed for people to see and interact with?

People could vote to look at certain objects or such. and the tracker would slew to them and they would gradually appear on live video from a form of live stacking
for example the software will capture and stack the last 30 frames or something throwing away the oldest frame and adding the most recent one to the "stack". from the cameras live view. with some basic image processing to enhance the image contrast and details.
and send it to a livestream website for people to watch.

People could see orion nebula in real-time. or pleiades. or christmas tree cluster. andromeda galaxy. triangulum even. or various other objects.

Maybe even adjust the number of frames to stack on the fly so can stack a few hundred frames for more detail. using longer exposures per frame
I think that would be absolutely epic of an idea.

would people be interested in watching such an "live" stream of space? showing space in semi-real-time
Svbony SV503 70mm ED F6 420mm FL refractor telescope (New)
Canon EOS 100D/SL1
Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-F6.3 II VC lens
canon 50mm STM F1.8
svbony 8-24mm zoom eyepiece
svbony goldline 66 degree 9mm and 6mm + 40mm plossl + 2x barlow.
svbony UHC 1.25 filter + astromania 1.25" O-3 filter + also an svbony H-B filter.
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Re: Would it be a cool idea if I set up some sort of interactive livestream showing live views of space

Post by Lady Fraktor »

For myself no but I am sure there are people that may be interested.
There are many channels on Youtube doing this.
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
realflow100 United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Would it be a cool idea if I set up some sort of interactive livestream showing live views of space

Post by realflow100 »

Please show me some!!!
Svbony SV503 70mm ED F6 420mm FL refractor telescope (New)
Canon EOS 100D/SL1
Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-F6.3 II VC lens
canon 50mm STM F1.8
svbony 8-24mm zoom eyepiece
svbony goldline 66 degree 9mm and 6mm + 40mm plossl + 2x barlow.
svbony UHC 1.25 filter + astromania 1.25" O-3 filter + also an svbony H-B filter.
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF2GUW ... RCFWyKXCBQ

I don't know about the 'interactive' part though.

Sure there would probably be some interest in such a thing. I say go for it! Good luck let us know :D

ps; I don't think I could livestream many of my sessions due to all of the cursing involved :lol:
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Go to youtube and type live astronomy in the search
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

I occasionally do watch people's live stream online, usually youtube is a good platform, some users have sent links here at TSS. Typically I enjoye interaction, ie verbal commentary ectt, q and a,target vote ect.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

smeyer8015
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by smeyer8015 »

Here's a YT channel that live streams on occasion
https://www.youtube.com/user/talshiarr
Celestron Classic 8, Old Sears 60mm f/15 refractor, Old Edmund Scientific 6 inch F/8 newt, GSO 2" Diag, ES 30mm/70, ES 25mm/70, Orion 32 Super Plossl, Mead 24mm MA,
X-Cel LX 18mm, Luminos 15mm, F/6.3 reducer, Luminos 2.5x barlow, Telrad, Celestron 9x50 RACI, DIY Baader Solar Filter, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Bresser EXOS-2 Goto, Revolution Imager R1

No trees were killed in the sending of this post. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced