Discuss deep sky objects.
bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Potential Supernova 2020ue in NGC4636

Post by bladekeeper »

milanpicard wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:14 pm Why thank you, Bryan, I love u guys too. In a platonic way... like a good book... or the beach... or a good book...🤪😂

One important question, Bryan... and others, why not.? Did you not see the other sn because it cannot be seen or because you were not trying hard? Do I have a shot with my 8dob and well-advertised home conditions? Because if not, I would not like to waste time with it at 4am, would just go back to sleep after the first sn. Tomorrow it says clear sky, I am so excited for my first sn!!
Details here: https://www.theskysearchers.com/viewtop ... f=6&t=6485 :)
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

milanpicard
Moon Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by milanpicard »

Ok thanks, guys, tat means I am not gonna try for the M100. 13.6 is out of my league anyway I wanted to like your report, Bryan, but I did not find the like button, I dunno what is going on. I will give you a verbal like.😁

Tonight is the night! Sky is clear, supposed to last until tomorrow night! I am really looking forward to the sn, fingers crossed!! I know the way by heart!
kt4hx United States of America
Articles: 4

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

milanpicard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:44 pm Ok thanks, guys, tat means I am not gonna try for the M100. 13.6 is out of my league anyway I wanted to like your report, Bryan, but I did not find the like button, I dunno what is going on. I will give you a verbal like.😁

Tonight is the night! Sky is clear, supposed to last until tomorrow night! I am really looking forward to the sn, fingers crossed!! I know the way by heart!
Milan, good luck with your quest, and click on the below image for the button locations:
For Milan.jpg
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
ES AR127 f/6.5 || ES ED80 f/6 || Apertura 6" f/5 Newtonian
Mounts: ES Twilight-II and Twilight-I
EPs: AT 82° 28mm UWA || TV Ethos 100° 21mm and 13mm || Vixen LVW 65° 22mm ||
ES 82° 18mm || Pentax XW 70° 10mm, 7mm and 5mm || barlows
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Astronomers, we look into the past to see our future." (me)
"Seeing is in some respect an art, which must be learnt." (William Herschel)
"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)
"No good deed goes unpunished." (various)
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
milanpicard
Moon Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by milanpicard »

I know, Alan, thank you btw, but when I click on the link Bryan provided, I can see the post and everything, but the like button and the thank button&co are missing, only the quote button appears. Weird.

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

Yeah, I see what you mean. That is a strange one. In fact, every post in the reports forum I just looked at was missing those buttons. I know some of them I thanked when they first came out, but now all the buttons other than quote and the thanks at the bottom of the post are missing. I will report to Gordon on that.
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

The buttons are back now Milan.
Alan

SonnyE
Interdicted

Post by SonnyE »

I'd like to try...
I have a few Comets under my belt, a Supernova could be a nice addition.
Using the HD 110514 in Stellarium does give me the same area. It comes up with HIP 62016. That gives me an aim point.
If, by some miracle, I suddenly get my finger on Plate Solving, maybe I can do a series and put it together into a presentation? But I'm probably late to the party. LOL!

To me, Imaging space is like the ultimate Macro Photography.
But I might not even be able to capture it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;)

Speaking of discoveries... I just discovered that Stellarium Online has a link capability. https://stellarium-web.org/skysource/HD 110514?fov=0.61286&date=2020-03-04T02:56:50Z&lat=34.45&lng=-118.50&elev=0
But in Preview, I don't think it is accurate.
I hope that can help. I see it gives my Long/Lat. So you might need to try Stellarium Online from your own computer to get better coordinates. Search for star HIP 62016, or NGC 4636 (Copy and paste one of these. Control C, then paste in the Stellarium search box at the top of the Stellarium online page, Control V)
At the bottom in Stellarium, turn off the Atmosphere, and the Landscape icons. (They will be lighted up)
Then I use my mouse wheel to zoom in, or use the - or + provided on screen, and zoom in. (Zoom way in...)

If I can be of any other help, Please ask.

Good Luck! I hope you can catch it!
(Hell, I hope I can catch it!) LOL! I think I have obstructions in my way. :doh: