Wired: Could Bobbie Hold Two Spaceships Together?

Discuss Astrophysics.
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Wired: Could Bobbie Hold Two Spaceships Together?

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Michael131313 Mexico
Orion Spur Ambassador

Re: Wired: Could Bobbie Hold Two Spaceships Together?

Post by Michael131313 »

Thanks nFA. I have never seen that show but that guy sure made that episode interesting. Hope he was right. 😳
ES AR 102 102mm, f/6.5, ES 254mm f/5 DOB, Obie 10x50, GSO SV 30mm, ES 68° 20mm, ES 82° 14mm, 11mm, 8.8 mm, 6.8mm, 4.7mm. Twilight 1 mount.
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Michael131313 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:26 pm Thanks nFA. I have never seen that show but that guy sure made that episode interesting. Hope he was right. 😳
I adore the show. The current season is on Amazon Prime. But it's a long story and one needs to start with Season 1. IMO it's the best sci fi running since Star Trek but with more credible technology. (Well the exobiology is very far out but....)
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

My thanks as well, nFA. I have to say, math is not my second language (French would be that) but I do get the gist of it.

Of course, between what you've posted and the author of the article's opinion, I am now forced to watch this show :lol: It's even here in Canada on AP!

I seem to remember way back when on the other forum; was it you who mentioned Firefly was a good one to watch as well? Still have to get around to that one...

Thanks again, and I hope you're doing well :D

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Member of the RASC
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Thefatkitty wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 pm My thanks as well, nFA. I have to say, math is not my second language (French would be that) but I do get the gist of it.

Of course, between what you've posted and the author of the article's opinion, I am now forced to watch this show :lol: It's even here in Canada on AP!

I seem to remember way back when on the other forum; was it you who mentioned Firefly was a good one to watch as well? Still have to get around to that one...

Thanks again, and I hope you're doing well :D

All the best,
I’m doing considerably better recently. :) Firefly was good, true but the episodes were somewhat.... episodic. The Expanse is more of an epic. It requires watching straight through. Just in case you ever decide to catch up. ;)

Both might offend folks with delicate sensibilities. The Expanse is tougher that way. On Firefly the swearing is done in Chinese. :)
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

I just stumbled on "Firefly" on the free Tubi app. What a hoot! I had forgotten how schlocky it was - space cowboys who talk howdy, pardner but break into Chinese under stress, the somewhat intellectually deficient engineer, the prostitute with the heart of gold, Detective Ron (?) from "Barney Miller" ...

I love it! Mos def my new binge watch. :popcorn:
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
Gmetric Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Gmetric »

I’ve been looking for a good SF to watch and have been procrastinating over “The Expanse” for a while. I shall procrastinate no more and get stuck in from season 1. Interesting article too. :)
Arry (Bortle 7 area)

Telescopes: Sky-Watcher ED72II, Sky-Watcher PDS130, Sky-Explorer SN F4 200mm astrograph and Vixen F11.1 90mm
Cameras: Nikon D5300 modded, Canon Kiss X8i modded, Cooled Canon kiss X4 modded, Atik 16IC and 383 colour, ASI120MC, QHY5LII
Mount: Sky-Explorer HEQ 5 belt driven