SECOND GO 30/5/2021

Discuss solar related topics.
p1taylor Great Britain
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

SECOND GO 30/5/2021

Post by p1taylor »

Hi All, This is my second go with my Lunt 60mm I need some help to proses the images I think had a go with imppg and photoshop am I going the
right way, all help really appreciated.

peter
13_06_56Z_AS_F10_lapl-8_ap5696.jpg
LUNT LS 60THa WITH PRESSURE TUNER, BLOCKING FILTER B1200, Skywatcher Startravel 80T OTA, ZWO ASI 178MM, lot of bit
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: SECOND GO 30/5/2021

Post by Solsearcher »

Hello Peter ,
A bit more information would help , is this an image from a mono stacked video ? and if possible can you post the image as it was before processing .
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
W/L scope Williams Optic Megrez 110mm / Lunt herschel wedge .
Night scope Celestron 9.25 XLT
Mounts HEQ6 , HEQ5 , Losmandy G8
p1taylor Great Britain
Mars Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by p1taylor »

SUN-7.jpg
Hi I am using a Lunt 60mm h-alpha single stack. zwo asi 178mm camera, programmes imppg, Photoshop, autostakkert3, sharpcap 3.2, registax 6, +the images I did on the 30/5/2021.
SUN-7.jpg
flat m copy.jpg
13_06_56Z_lapl5_ap5678 copy.jpg
sun 1_001 copy.jpg
LUNT LS 60THa WITH PRESSURE TUNER, BLOCKING FILTER B1200, Skywatcher Startravel 80T OTA, ZWO ASI 178MM, lot of bit
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Trying to edit previous post
Last edited by Solsearcher on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Hello Peter ,
What you posted today looks much better and is much easier to see , please do not be offended but yesterday's image is a good example of what can happen when we try to push the processing .
I can see a couple of issues in the capture that I am sure you discovered during the processing . First your tuning was off a bit and this is why the lighting is not even and some of the surface has no detail . It is easy to be distracted by a specific area or detail and and forget to look around at the rest of the disc to see how well it is tuned . Sometimes you might have to sacrifice sharp tuning in an area of interest to be able to spread the "sweet spot" across the entire disk . I am not sure if you are using pressure tuned or tilt but either type is capable of even tuning .
Focus can be tricky and it helps to zoom on the limb or area of detail , zoomed in you will see the distortion so wait for steady sky to focus and also wait for steady sky before you pull the trigger for the video . It is very easy to think we have everything "dialed in" correctly and then find out during processing that something was off .
My personal approach to this is I put most of the effort into the capture , if the capture is good the processing should be minimal . My processing methods are very basic and a bit dated by today's standards . i haven't done any full disk's in a while but dug back and found this from 2016 for comparison . This was the raw image after stacking in 50 frames from a 1000 frame video using Registax 6 , the only adjustment made would have been a slight wavelet increase . Scope was 60mm Coronado double stack .
t10.jpg
This is the image after adjusting levels , slight sharpening and adding the color in Photoshop , you can see it hasn't changed much from the raw tiff , you have to capture the details to be able to process them . Take your time with your captures and study the live screen , tune the camera and scope in the best you can , when you capture the detail the processing will be easy .
Hope this was helpful
Best regards
Mike
June 14 j5.jpg
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Here's an article written by our very own @Lowjiber you might like to read Peter.

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
p1taylor Great Britain
Mars Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by p1taylor »

Hi Mike Graeme, Thanks very much for your comments.

peter