Mark Townley

Discuss solar related topics.
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Mark Townley

Post by Solsearcher »

Mark was very helpful to me back when I was starting my solar journey . If you have the time this is a very good presentation on solar cycles and what we can look forward to .

Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
W/L scope Williams Optic Megrez 110mm / Lunt herschel wedge .
Night scope Celestron 9.25 XLT
Mounts HEQ6 , HEQ5 , Losmandy G8
Lowjiber
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Mark Townley

Post by Lowjiber »

That is really an interesting video. It is very "current", in that he uses AR2785 & AR2786 as examples of the rapidly increasing solar activity taking place right now in the southern hemisphere.

Mark is indeed one of the nicest people you'll ever "meet" on the web. He is a very busy guy, but always responds in-depth to any question one might have. Right now, I'm doing some experimenting with the extreme application of gamma... an idea first offered up by Mark in a lengthy post on Solar Chat.

Clear Skies & Stay Safe
John (Urban Astronomer) Apertura AD10 Dob; XLT 150 Dob; XLT 120EQ; Lunt Solar 60 PT/B1200; ES AR102; SW Pro 100ED; 2 SW Pro 80ED's; 90mm Eq; WO Z-61; SW 90mm Virtuso Mak; 2 Orion ST-80's; Quark-C; Cams: Polemaster, ASI120MM-S, ASI174MM & ASI174MM-C