Focal Reducer Options for Meade ACF

Discuss your 'Cats' here.
a100171 United States of America
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Focal Reducer Options for Meade ACF

Post by a100171 »

I am hearing that there is going to be a modern focal reducer available for the Meade ACF line of scopes in a couple of months, hopefully around the new year. I have seen some pictures taken with a prototype, on a Meade LX850 f/8 scope,and it looked rather impressive, right to the edge (no pun intended) of the field. Not sure if there has been a public statement. I got a response when asking a vendor about missing a large part of the SCT market (Meade ACF).

I have been keeping my eye open for some very large SCTs for permanent observatory mount, and I think this may open-up the search parameters a bit. There are some pretty good deals on second-hand scopes to be had.
Meade 6", 8", and 10" SN, Meade 10" f/6.3 Lx200, ES ES-102, Meade 90mm DS-2000, Celestron CPC-800 HD, Celestron , AVX, CGEM-DX, Twilight I mounts. Omegon 2.1x 41mm Binocs.
Hyperstar for EdgeHD, ZWO and Celestron Nightscape CCD. A fully-functional Meade 12" RCX-400.
mbenjaminz28 Canada
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Focal Reducer Options for Meade ACF

Post by mbenjaminz28 »

I use the optec Leptus .62 with good effect with my kaf8300 sensor on my meade 12" F8 acf.
William optics flt 132, WO 0.72 reducer, Sbig Aluma U694/FW8G/AO-8a, 36mm LRGB 3nm Ha Oiii Sii, Cem120 non ec, Celestron CGX, Meade 12"F8 ota, Meade 70mm astrograph, Meade 6sn, TSflat2