Something New...to me.

Discuss your 'Cats' here.
Don Quixote
Articles: 0

Re: Something New...to me.

Post by Don Quixote »

dagadget wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:49 pm This might be a Telescope Tale to end all tales but someone wants to buy me this. https://www.astronomics.com/celestron-c ... 12055.html The funny thing is they asked where I get my scopes and I said Astronomics and within a few minutes they came back with what I posted. I notified Astronomics and let them know someone might be ordering me a telescope. I am besides myself with wonder and yet totally skeptical at the same time. I will not look a gift horse in the mouth but if this ends up true I will be totally incredulous and blown away as I did not do much for the person in question, just was a security officer for her tour bus back in January. Hoax or not? I certainly hope it is no hoax. Will keep you all posted on this.
Well....😁

Anything arrive on your doorstep yet....😊
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Mark, not sure how I missed this (!) but good for you :D Your friend Henry is quite the fellow. That's great, having a friend who's that close.

Hope you get a mount for it; best of luck!
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
Don Quixote

Post by Don Quixote »

Thefatkitty wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:34 am Mark, not sure how I missed this (!) but good for you :D Your friend Henry is quite the fellow. That's great, having a friend who's that close.

Hope you get a mount for it; best of luck!
I have recently ordered the kit to put this big glass on a mount....hopefully next week some time.
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

That's a sweet scope, enjoy :)
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

dagadget United States of America
Mars Ambassador

Post by dagadget »

Don Quixote wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:45 am
dagadget wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:49 pm This might be a Telescope Tale to end all tales but someone wants to buy me this. https://www.astronomics.com/celestron-c ... 12055.html The funny thing is they asked where I get my scopes and I said Astronomics and within a few minutes they came back with what I posted. I notified Astronomics and let them know someone might be ordering me a telescope. I am besides myself with wonder and yet totally skeptical at the same time. I will not look a gift horse in the mouth but if this ends up true I will be totally incredulous and blown away as I did not do much for the person in question, just was a security officer for her tour bus back in January. Hoax or not? I certainly hope it is no hoax. Will keep you all posted on this.
Well....😁

Anything arrive on your doorstep yet....😊
No not yet but I have hopes that I might soon. Still Astronomics has not said anything even though my Friend said she would get on it before the sale ended. If anyone has a real friendship with Sara Evans the Country star you are free to ask as supposedly it was Sara that said she would get it for me. My Astronomical society says I have been played for a fool so we will see one way or another.
Astro-Tech AT 152EDT Ioptron GEM 45 Mount AKA FracZilla
Celestron C11 Carbon Fiber CGEM II Mount AKA Cloudzilla
Sky Watcher Mak Cas 180 Ioptron IEQ 30 AKA MoonZilla
AT 92 on IEQ 30 Pro AKA ClusterZilla
Home Made 8 inch Newtonian Reflector on Rocker Box AKA Scopezilla
Celestron 4 1/2 114 mm Newtonian Telescope 910 F/L GT Mount AKA Frankenscope.

David