Deslandres

Post your solar system images here.
MrShorty United States of America
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Deslandres

Post by MrShorty »

The Friday before Halloween, I thought about going out to a dark site. My report from that night -- it was just too cold and I chickened out. I am ashamed.

To partially make up for that, the other night was good seeing, so I got a nice shot of Deslandres and the surrounding lunar surface.
Attachments
Deslandres in the center, Tycho in shadow at the upper right.
Deslandres in the center, Tycho in shadow at the upper right.
telescopes: XT6 and XT12 Dobsonians
binoculars: 15x70
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Deslandres

Post by Hankmeister3 »

Nice grab. I think you've just proven Luna is made of green cheese!

Does your digital camera have a monochrome mode? You'll be amazed at the extra sharpness you'll get.
Telescopes: Meade LX90 10-inch f/10 UHC Coma-free SCT; Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 APO ED triplet refractor; Skywatcher 72mm f/6 ED Schott doublet refractor; Meade 70mm f/5 APO quadruplet astrograph refractor; Skywatcher Quattro 8-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Orion 6-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Skywatcher SkyMax 180mm f/15 Maksutov; iOptron 150mm f/12 Maksutov; Orion f/9 Ritchey-Chretien RC astrograph
Eyepieces: Set of 7 Baader Hyperion eyepieces, 3 Meade 5000 glass handgrenades; 1970s era Japanese manufactured Meade 12.5mm Orthoscopic, and too many other eclectic eyepieces to list
Mounts: Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro mount; Orion Atlas EQ-G mount
Post-production Software: Not good enough … oh, okay ... Canon's proprietary CanoScan ArcSoft 9000F photoshop suite