dead air,but i'm still at it ...

Post your solar system images here.
yobbo89 Australia
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

dead air,but i'm still at it ...

Post by yobbo89 »

still suffering from jetstreams, going to have to buy some sam sites .. :techie-ebay:

i'm still active on the scope!,i expect no awards :( , imaging with my ir 807 filter ,that's about the only wavelength i can cope with at the moment ...

we have 2 luna surface images,saturn,jupiter and some very faint cloud details of venus from last weekend .
Attachments
venus2021ir.jpg
saturn2021.jpg
moonpos2ir.jpg
moon2021ir.jpg
jup2021 ir.jpg
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

Kanadalainen
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: dead air,but i'm still at it ...

Post by Kanadalainen »

Very nice!
Ian

Fracs: Stellarvue 70T f6; SW 120mm Esprit f7; "Mark Mk. II" - 60 mm Tasco f6; C80 frac f 11.4
SCT: C8 Edge f10 or f7 with reducer
Dob: 14.5" homebuilt strut dob (f4.5 ZOC mirror), Nexus II, Moonlite focuser
Mounts - Ioptron Skyguider pro, Astro Physics GTO900
Cameras and lenses - ZWO 2600 mc, 290 mm mini, Canon 60D modded with Rokinon 10mm 2.8; Rokinon 135mm f2

Skysafari 6 Pro, Astro Pixel Processor, Pixinsight - using Mac tablet and ASIair pro to run the AP rig.

"Mothers! It is there!" - Rafael Gonzales-Acuna, 2018.
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hello Rob. A superlative gallery of your solar system images here. Two beautiful lunar shots, Jupiter with nice belting, Saturn showing a nice Cassini division, and some clouds on Venus (which is NOT easy to capture). Thanks for sharing this fine work with us Rob, and keep up the great work.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
PhilPhree United States of America
Earth Ambassador

Post by PhilPhree »

Love the pics. What camera & filter combo did you use for Venus? I have been looking at cameras and I do want to do some UV work. Also, what combo for Saturn?
Recently I have been doing almost exclusively Solar viewing. I have two Lunts a 40mm & a 50mm which I can triple stack. One to use for imaging and the other for visual. Two Lacerta Herschel Wedges Big & Sm with 120mm & 95x1300 refractors using go to alt/az mounts and my big goto EQ.
:Astronomer1:
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

PhilPhree wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:08 pm Love the pics. What camera & filter combo did you use for Venus? I have been looking at cameras and I do want to do some UV work. Also, what combo for Saturn?
asi 290 mm , meade 12'' sct with 3x barlow , fl about 12m with the current gap spacing and a astronomik pro star 807 ir filter ,used for all targets i've posted in this thread . if you strictly want to image ir, i recommend qhy , the 290m is a little less sensitive in ir , i think you want a uvenus filter as well with a ir807 or simular to produce a colour detail image of venus .
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

Earth Ambassador

Post by PhilPhree »

I really appreciate your reply. I was looking at the successor to the ASi-290 the ASi-178MC 6.4 MP. Though with Color -which turns to Monochrome in the IR. I don't quite have your aperture. I have a Meade 10" @ F-6.3 but I think it is a suitable instrument for photography. I have a IR650, IR850 and a methane IR890 and an Altair NUV Calcium Filter I have been researching other UV filters. Baader of course has a good range not overlapping my Altair range but it is about it costs more than the Astrodon-UV filter by about $100+ or £100+ oddly the same despite actual exchange rate. The Astrodon has a really wide range from 305nm-420nm though quote 325-381nm like the Baader. I notice the Violet #47 filter on your list and I have been using that also. Again I appreciate your reply. It was helpful.
Recently I have been doing almost exclusively Solar viewing. I have two Lunts a 40mm & a 50mm which I can triple stack. One to use for imaging and the other for visual. Two Lacerta Herschel Wedges Big & Sm with 120mm & 95x1300 refractors using go to alt/az mounts and my big goto EQ.
Ozypic
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ozypic »

There all great pictures Rob, thanks for sharing them. Nice clean clear shots. Your saturns always look very nice. They always make feel guilty that I'm to stingy to buy some nice gear haha....
Phill
Phill. Dreaming of Clear Skys .... :D :D :D
SCOPE : Skywatcher 120X600 ST Achromatic Refractor. 
EP's : 25mm & 10mm Plossl , Celestron 8/24mm Zoom EP,
Filters : Solar filter, Badder Fringe Killer & Moon/Skyglow. 
MOUNT : Skywatcher Star Discovery goto Mount.
CAMERAS : ZWO 120 asi MC. / Sony HX400V 50X Zoom.
Binoculars : Saxon 10x50
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

PhilPhree wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:58 pm I really appreciate your reply. I was looking at the successor to the ASi-290 the ASi-178MC 6.4 MP. Though with Color -which turns to Monochrome in the IR. I don't quite have your aperture. I have a Meade 10" @ F-6.3 but I think it is a suitable instrument for photography. I have a IR650, IR850 and a methane IR890 and an Altair NUV Calcium Filter I have been researching other UV filters. Baader of course has a good range not overlapping my Altair range but it is about it costs more than the Astrodon-UV filter by about $100+ or £100+ oddly the same despite actual exchange rate. The Astrodon has a really wide range from 305nm-420nm though quote 325-381nm like the Baader. I notice the Violet #47 filter on your list and I have been using that also. Again I appreciate your reply. It was helpful.
can't find any specs past 700nm for the asi 178mc... i'm pretty sure it's about 65 % qe for 850nm i think chris go uses the QHY5III462C which is like 90+ qe with the ir850 and the asi 290m i have is around 50 to 60 qe i think for 850nm .

what do you image with your #47? , i use that filter just to calibrate my adc with mono asi camera,wasn't working too well so i swaped it out in my filter wheel .

Earth Ambassador

Post by PhilPhree »

Yeah, your right I thought the 178 was a successor to the 462 but it obviously doesn't behave the same. I do wish they would publish Spectrography reports from 300-1000 at least, for any Astro Camera. I may get a QHY-462 as a dual purpose camera for the Planetary work and as a guide camera for DSO work. I can't trust where the redline goes with the 178. I keep coming back to astro conversions for my Canon M50. The range is better but the sensor is comparatively HUGE. So having a small planetary camera makes sense.
I use Violet #47 for Venus, but my old camera doesn't give me great results. Your picture above is really good! I haven't tried the Altair NUV yet I just got it. To try with the Lacerta Herschel Wedge I also recently got. Another reason that the Spectrographs for cameras should show 300nm-1000nm ranges instead of just showing the visual spectrum. Back to Astro Conversion of the Canon and some imaging software to isolate the ROI. Trying to modernize and expand my range of views.
Again, thank you for your input.
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

very very nice images n, thx .
love the venus one .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada: