TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Jupiter June 1st

Post by TheButcher »

Het All,

Here is my Jupiter from June 1st. First time using my New used ZWO ADC and loved it with the low altitude. Also first time using an AutoFocuser, I picked up a Rigel N step (Basic USB version) on the classifieds for my C11 and loved that too. No more reaching around trying to turn the focuser.

I also finally found a 1.5x Barlow. I got it from Scopestuff, it seems real solid and has a nice twist lock.

Imaged with:
Celestron C11 SCT,
Antares 1.5x Barlow,
ZWO385MC Camera w/ZWO IR Cut Filter
ZWO ADC
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro Mount .

It was clear but windy and the seeing was a 2 out 5 on the clear sky chart.
Captured with Firecapture, Stacked with Autostakkert2… Used 7% of 8,000 frames stacked. Then procesed in Registax6 then off to PhotoshopCC.

Thanks for looking :)

Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Jupiter June 1st

Post by Juno16 »

Very nice Butcher!

Coloration is really nice too. I hope that you get a better night and give Jupiter another go. That C11 is sweet!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Greenman Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Greenman »

Nice shot and, delicately processed - see a lot of over sharpened Jupiter shots, here the clouds still look gaseous.
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

Very nice, it dose look like the ammonia gas band are comming back in the equator ?
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

I'm curious about the focus. What is the time span between the first image you used and the last image you used during the stacking process?

On my C11 I attach a Crayford 2-speed 2" focuser to the visual back so I actually have two focusers working for my scope. I use my installed FeatherTouch to get close then I use the Crayford to gnat's behind the focus to get the sharpest image my laptop screen will show. Additionally, I am always tweaking the focus before the imaging run starts, and even during the imaging run.

JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6R, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100 ∞ AP Gear: ZWO EAF and mini EFW and the Optolong L-eXteme filter
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

JayTee wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:44 am I'm curious about the focus. What is the time span between the first image you used and the last image you used during the stacking process?

On my C11 I attach a Crayford 2-speed 2" focuser to the visual back so I actually have two focusers working for my scope. I use my installed FeatherTouch to get close then I use the Crayford to gnat's behind the focus to get the sharpest image my laptop screen will show. Additionally, I am always tweaking the focus before the imaging run starts, and even during the imaging run.

JT
Thx all :)

For the time span was 60 seconds. I was attempting to do an animation so I took about 15 (60) second ones during that set when Jupiter was near its highest at 28 Deg. But only used 1 of them for this and didn't do Win Jupos because I decided to play with the exposure/gain and also adjusted the focus in some of them between each 60 sec run.

I Hope this helps.

:)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/