TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

The Peraides Meteor Shower August 11th-12th

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

I just got done processing last night'sPerseid Meteor Shower and just posted it on youtube. I must admit I need to figure out how to get the better quality up there with the video codec. This one I just used the AVI Mpeg straight from PIPP. It seems to be blotchy at times. The raw one is nice and smooth

CLICK BELOW FOR METEOR SHOWER LINK
https://youtu.be/gAsdLHouWCw

The video is about 20-25 minutes and I used my DIY meteor/All-sky box with a Rasberry Pi4 in it running Astroberry over the Linux based Raspian OS.
I used my trusty old ZWO 385mc camera in there and used FireCapture and took 1 second exposures which a gain around 370. I started recording from 1am to about 5am. There are some fireballs in there and bunch of meteors but they appear to go real fast. You can always use the speed mode on youtube to slow them down. The first third has some clouds in int but starts to clear up toward the middle

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it, but it seemed fit enough since it was the solar system, the moon, planets and all :)

[img]Hey all,

I just got done processing last night'sPerseid Meteor Shower and just posted it on youtube. I must admit I need to figure out how to get the better quality up there with the video codec. This one I just used the AVI Mpeg straight from PIPP. It seems to be blotchy at times. The raw one is nice and smooth

The video is about 20-25 minutes and I used my DIY meteor/All-sky box with a Rasberry Pi4 in it running Astroberry over the Linux based Raspian OS.
I used my trusty old ZWO 385mc camera in there and used FireCapture and took 1 second exposures which a gain around 370. I started recording from 1am to about 5am. There are some fireballs in there and bunch of meteors but they appear to go real fast. You can always use the speed mode on youtube to slow them down.

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it, but it seemed fit enough since it was the solar system, the moon, planets and all, if it should be somewhere else then please do so :)

Also if you want, Please subscribe and a thumbs up :)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/