Solar Images June 4-23

Post your solar images here.
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Solar Images June 4-23

Post by Solsearcher »

Mark (The fat kitty) came here today to play with scopes and get some hands on experience with Ha viewing , imaging and processing . We had a great day and his hair and tattoo's didn't bother me a bit :lol:

These are from today's session .
J3c.jpg
J3ci.jpg
J5ci.jpg
J7m.jpg
J7c.jpg
J8m.jpg
J8c.jpg
J10mi.jpg
J10ci.jpg
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
W/L scope Williams Optic Megrez 110mm / Lunt herschel wedge .
Night scope Celestron 9.25 XLT
Mounts HEQ6 , HEQ5 , Losmandy G8
Tillibobs Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

Re: Solar Images June 4-23

Post by Tillibobs »

I'm speechless Mike, superb images your making me jealous !.
Hopefully it won't be too long before I can join in.
Keith.
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

nice work guys , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Tillibobs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:23 am I'm speechless Mike, superb images your making me jealous !.
Hopefully it won't be too long before I can join in.
Keith.
I am looking forward to seeing you back in the game Keith !! It is too quiet in this corner and I miss seeing the images a few others used to post here

Get that Lunt fired up and make me jealous my friend !!
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
Tillibobs Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Tillibobs »

I've got the DMK21 working, but nothing yet on the DMK51 or the Altair 178. I had to renew my annual license with
Sharpcap ( £12) and can't do that because I changed my e.mail address !!! so,if I do any imaging in the near future it'll be with the 21, which as you know needs a zillion captures to do a mosaic of a full disk .
keith
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Tillibobs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:20 pm I've got the DMK21 working, but nothing yet on the DMK51 or the Altair 178. I had to renew my annual license with
Sharpcap ( £12) and can't do that because I changed my e.mail address !!! so,if I do any imaging in the near future it'll be with the 21, which as you know needs a zillion captures to do a mosaic of a full disk .
keith
Keith , I am still using IC Capture , the software that came with our DMK 21's . The Sharpcap I have will not give a gamma control . Your 21 will work best with IC Capture . Here is a link for the free download .

https://www.theimagingsource.com/en-us/ ... iccapture/
Tillibobs Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Tillibobs »

Thanks Mike, I wanted Sharpcap for the Altair mainly but also to check the DMK5 1 to see if I could get anything out of it.
I had the DMK21 on my knee connected up to the laptop , I could tell that it was working by moving the exposure slide ( ICcapture program ).
Connected it up to the scope and got a message along the lines of.....your camera is in live mode but it's not speaking to your laptop. I've packed up for today,going to have a nap before tea then sort Sharpcap out.
Keith
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Tillibobs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:39 pm Thanks Mike, I wanted Sharpcap for the Altair mainly but also to check the DMK5 1 to see if I could get anything out of it.
I had the DMK21 on my knee connected up to the laptop , I could tell that it was working by moving the exposure slide ( ICcapture program ).
Connected it up to the scope and got a message along the lines of.....your camera is in live mode but it's not speaking to your laptop. I've packed up for today,going to have a nap before tea then sort Sharpcap out.
Keith
Keith , that is the same message I would get when my DMK stopped working . Close the message and quickly reduce the exposure control before the message comes back . This is what worked for me and it happened to both of my DMK's
Tillibobs Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Tillibobs »

I'll try that the next timei'm trying to image thanks Mike.
Keith
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Outstanding images, Mike!

I’d like to meet that long-haired tattooed guy myself!

If fact, wouldn’t it be cool if we could all meet?
I know that it is logistically not realistic though.

It’s great that you two are close enough to get together.
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Solsearcher wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:25 pm The Sharpcap I have will not give a gamma control
I run both the newer Sharpcap 4.*** and an older version Sharpcap 3.2 (with Gamma). You can still download the older version from their webpage.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Juno16 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:53 pm Outstanding images, Mike!

I’d like to meet that long-haired tattooed guy myself!

If fact, wouldn’t it be cool if we could all meet?
I know that it is logistically not realistic though.

It’s great that you two are close enough to get together.

Hey Jim , that would be cool and what do you mean "logistically not realistic" ? I was lucky enough to meet Keith and have a few pints (quite a few !!!) when I traveled to the UK . I love New Orleans and the Jazz , I am over due for a return visit so never say never !! Are you close to Nola ?
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Solsearcher wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:06 pm

Hey Jim , that would be cool and what do you mean "logistically not realistic" ?

Hi Mike,

I said that because no matter where the meeting place was, it would be very inconvenient for some folks since we are spread out all over the world.

Yes, I am only about 1:45 away from NO. I used to go there a lot (various reasons but definitely coupled with eating).
I don't go there as much these days. My wife is pretty much retired (she works maybe a day a week) and she doesn't like to visit NO much since the crime is so high. To me, the food is worth the risk!!!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Juno16 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:24 pm
Solsearcher wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:06 pm

Hey Jim , that would be cool and what do you mean "logistically not realistic" ?

Hi Mike,

I said that because no matter where the meeting place was, it would be very inconvenient for some folks since we are spread out all over the world.

Yes, I am only about 1:45 away from NO. I used to go there a lot (various reasons but definitely coupled with eating).
I don't go there as much these days. My wife is pretty much retired (she works maybe a day a week) and she doesn't like to visit NO much since the crime is so high. To me, the food is worth the risk!!!
I know what you mean Jim . With Keith we were going to be in the UK and Keith made the trip from where he lives so we could meet . It was a great opportunity but the day went too quickly !!
Mark is relatively close and I know we will get together again soon , he will have to pick up his scope :lol:
I now what you mean about the food , that is the second reason and makes it all justifiable for my wife and I . You are close enough to meet 1/2 way for one of those amazing local meals if we were to return . I am sure I would enjoy meeting you if we had the opportunity and thank you for all of your positive comments !!
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Wow, those are mind blowing images Mike!!!

That's nice that you and Mark live nearby :)
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Hey Mike, great images, and glad I was able to see how you do that and have the "tuned" views of what you/we saw. You make it look so easy! Of course I'll be back to pick up the scope and finish paying for it all, but you might not get rid of me that easily; only if that's OK though. It's nice to meet someone who's as chill as I am and into the same things. I felt like the guy in your Maxell ad in the corner listening to Supertramp yesterday. Next time I'll bring some Guinness :D

Thanks @Juno16 Jim, I'd quite like to meet you as well as Jack, and a lot of other folks on here. This weeks LottoMax is 70 million, so if I win that we can arrange a TSS Woodstock; we'd just have to figure out which farmers field it should be in :D I'll be honest, I have a lot of vacation time and a burning desire to get back to the US of A; it's been a while. Plus a road trip is always good for the soul...
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

Thefatkitty wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:18 pm Hey Mike, great images, and glad I was able to see how you do that and have the "tuned" views of what you/we saw. You make it look so easy! Of course I'll be back to pick up the scope and finish paying for it all, but you might not get rid of me that easily; only if that's OK though. It's nice to meet someone who's as chill as I am and into the same things. I felt like the guy in your Maxell ad in the corner listening to Supertramp yesterday. Next time I'll bring some Guinness :D

Thanks @Juno16 Jim, I'd quite like to meet you as well as Jack, and a lot of other folks on here. This weeks LottoMax is 70 million, so if I win that we can arrange a TSS Woodstock; we'd just have to figure out which farmers field it should be in :D I'll be honest, I have a lot of vacation time and a burning desire to get back to the US of A; it's been a while. Plus a road trip is always good for the soul...
A TSS Woodstock? Now THAT I could get into! People showing up in vans with telescopes painted on the sides and "Gas, grass or Cass...nobody rides for free" bumper stickers. I'll bring my Strat and half stack and bang out my best Hendrix... :doh:
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Thefatkitty wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:18 pm

I’m in Mark!

Bill @Razz is bringing his Strat!
Jim