Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

The Sun Oct. 24, 2021

Post by Thefatkitty »

Hi all, hope things are good :D

I had a fun day yesterday. I was up at 1:30AM , all wide awake, so I spent the better part of the next 8 hours on here. That took me to about 10AM, when I went outside and discovered it was clear out. Imagine that! Seeing as how 'ol Sol had some activity going on, I took out my C80-HD, Canon 550D and had some fun with that. I then finished welding, prepping and painting a mount I've built for a new acquisition.

Then I did the thing we all dread in our lives. Yes, housework! It was terrible, trust me. All the cleaning, organizing, the "how did this get here and where's that" moments...

Thankfully I endured the pain and suffering and had a nice dinner of roast chicken. Sleep was not long in coming; I think I lasted to about nine. And now it's Monday, raining, and 8C (46F). Great. But you know, I've got another hour and a half before I leave; I could call in sick ;)

So tempting. Anyways, here's the Sun from yesterday; my C80-HD with 20 frames at ISO 100 and 1/200th sec exp, shot in Monochrome mode.
AR2887 is on the left; it looks like two spots but is being classed as one. And AR2886 is on the right. Notice how all the spots are bigger than our planet?

Sun_Oct_24_2021s.jpg

Full size image here

I also caught what looked to be another spot forming. Sure enough, this morning on Spaceweather.com it's been labelled AR2888, be interesting to see how it goes.

AR2888.jpg

I was just thinking, we have a new person starting at work today. I should go in; don't want to scare them off the first day with extra work :lol:

Have a great day/night all,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: The Sun Oct. 24, 2021

Post by Juno16 »

Really nice report and excellent imaging!!!!

Have a great day sir and be careful not to scare off your new work partner!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

Nice report Mark.

I am sure that Jackie appreciated your housework, so well done you :smile:

It is so easy to call in sick when you don't feel up to work, but I think you made the correct decision. Lead by example ;)
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

nice disc , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi Mark. A very nice solar image in white light. And I too found on the Raben Systems solar map the new arrival of AR2888 on the eastern limb. And the house work. Believe me, I know what you mean. It's not fun but it's not fun for Sheri either so I do as much as possible. I can't tell you how many dishes I have washed, counters and sinks/faucets/windows I have cleaned. But it makes for a happy home and 51 years of a wonderful marriage. Thanks for sharing your great solar capture Mark, and the best of wishes on breaking in the new employee at work.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
John Donne United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by John Donne »

Great image and report Mark !

House keeping is a partnership at our house.
Bonnie works with me in our business and I work with her around the house. I am the hammer nails and screwdriver driver...unless the beagle messes on the carpet...then I drive the carpet shampooer...😊
👍👍👍
Thank you.
SCOPES :ES127 f7.5, SW100 f9 Evostar, ES80 F6, LXD75 8" f10 SCT, 2120 10" f10 SCT, ES152 f6.5.
MOUNTS: SW AZ/EQ5, MEADE LXD75, CELESTRON CG4, Farpoint Parallelogram.
BINOCULARS: CL 10X30, Pentax 8X43, 25X100 Oberwerks.
EP: Many.

"I am more than a sum of molecules.
I am more than a sum of memories or events.
I do not one day suddenly cease to be.
I am, before memory.
I am, before event.
I am"
Lowjiber
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Lowjiber »

Nice work, Mark. Thanks for the shares.

Clear Skies
John (Urban Astronomer) Apertura AD10 Dob; XLT 150 Dob; XLT 120EQ; Lunt Solar 60 PT/B1200; ES AR102; SW Pro 100ED; 2 SW Pro 80ED's; 90mm Eq; WO Z-61; SW 90mm Virtuso Mak; 2 Orion ST-80's; Quark-C; Cams: Polemaster, ASI120MM-S, ASI174MM & ASI174MM-C
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Juno16 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:17 am Really nice report and excellent imaging!!!!

Have a great day sir and be careful not to scare off your new work partner!
Thank you, sir! :D

Hope all's well with you Jim, and with the new grandson. Good for you on that; I'm sure my time will come!

As for the new person, it's now Tuesday, so far so good... :lol:

Have a great night and hope you can get some imaging time in soon!

Butterfly Maiden wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:16 am Nice report Mark.

I am sure that Jackie appreciated your housework, so well done you :smile:

It is so easy to call in sick when you don't feel up to work, but I think you made the correct decision. Lead by example ;)
Thank you Vanessa, and for your comments on my other thread about the new scope. You still deserve an award... You're right, Jackie does appreciate it and I really don't mind. I lived by myself for just under 10 years. You learn :lol:

Lead by example, well said! And yes, I did toddle off to work finally :D

Have a great rest of your day!

messier 111 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:21 pm nice disc , thx .

Merci, and hope all is well with you :D

Makuser wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:54 pm Hi Mark. A very nice solar image in white light. And I too found on the Raben Systems solar map the new arrival of AR2888 on the eastern limb. And the house work. Believe me, I know what you mean. It's not fun but it's not fun for Sheri either so I do as much as possible. I can't tell you how many dishes I have washed, counters and sinks/faucets/windows I have cleaned. But it makes for a happy home and 51 years of a wonderful marriage. Thanks for sharing your great solar capture Mark, and the best of wishes on breaking in the new employee at work.
Wow Marshall, you and Sheri have been together since I was five; that's amazing and so good for you both :D

Only 30 years here, but you do what you can to make it work; thanks for sharing that!

John Donne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:17 pm Great image and report Mark !

House keeping is a partnership at our house.
Bonnie works with me in our business and I work with her around the house. I am the hammer nails and screwdriver driver...unless the beagle messes on the carpet...then I drive the carpet shampooer...😊
👍👍👍
Thank you.
Thanks Mark, and I didn't know that Bonnie was part of what you do... That's impressive, good for you both.
then I drive the carpet shampooer
I'm still laughing, thanks for that!

And speaking of housework, my laundry is almost done... It never stops!

Lowjiber wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:38 pm Nice work, Mark. Thanks for the shares.

Clear Skies
Thank you John, and nice to hear from you! Hope you're feeling better after the pneumonia; I look forward to some images! :D

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

Excellent Mark!!!
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/