Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

A week off and a good start to it!

Post by Thefatkitty »

Hey everyone, hope all is good :D

I'm on vacation this coming week and the wait is over for that. Headed out at a bit after 5am and was done and home by just after 1PM. This morning when the Sun rose the sky was crystal clear. However, I guess the cloud gods saw me heading home...

Still, there was some blue sky holes in the clouds, and once again, patience is your friend :)

I took out my C80-HD, Baader solar film and my Canon EOS 550D. I shot 20 frames at ISO 100 at 1/250 sec exp, then took 10 shots at ISO 200 and 1/200th sec exposure. The ISO 200 shots worked out a lot better from my normal ISO 100. Hmmm. The resulting stack/sharpening from PIPP, AS3, ImPPG and PS 2020 was somewhat 'clearer'. You know one thing I'll be doing next week; playing around with camera settings!

So here is my take on ol' Sol today; 5 or maybe 6 spots.

Sun_Sept_10_2021s.jpg

Full size image here

Gotta love annotations:

Sun_Sept_10_2021_As.jpg

Full size image here

Alrighty, time for bed. My last "huzzah" for the day ;)

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
SpyderwerX
Jupiter Ambassador

Re: A week off and a good start to it!

Post by SpyderwerX »

Nice images as always, Mark. Enjoy the time off, my friend. :)
~Frankie~ My mind: Always on...Slightly off. :?
Celestron CPC1100 SCT....Celestron Evolution 8 SCT...TeleVue-85 apo...SkyWatcher ST150 achro..ST102 achro..ST80 achro.
Celestron AVX...Orion Atlas EQ-G...SkyTee-2...Twilight-1.
Baader BBHS prism and mirror diagonals + Vernonscope quartz 1.25"
EPs: TeleVue oldie (NJ) & modern Plossls, Widefields, and Naglers + 3-6 zoom & Brandons 6-32.
Astronomik, Lumicon & Baader filters..
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Very nice posting Mark and enjoy the vacation :)
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

Vers nice images , enjoy the time off, thx
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Good images and have a happy hiatus!
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

Excellent Mark and have a Great time off!
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

Lovely images again Mark.

Enjoy your well-earned holiday / vacation :smile:
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Hi Mark,

Very nice images and have a super week!

Any plans for imaging?
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

SpyderwerX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:01 am Nice images as always, Mark. Enjoy the time off, my friend. :)

Thanks buddy, I sure will! And BTW, it's great to see you back on here :D

Lady Fraktor wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:19 am Very nice posting Mark and enjoy the vacation :)
Thanks Gabrielle, and I can finally have some down time to catch up with you. Methinks I'll be doing a lot of typing this week, as well as some early morning observing; what with everything that's up at 4AM...

Talk to you soon :D

messier 111 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:23 am Vers nice images , enjoy the time off, thx
Merci, mon ami! Funny, I was thinking of taking a run out to Montreal to visit some family, but I have enough to do here.

I still have a week of time off left....

notFritzArgelander wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:47 am Good images and have a happy hiatus!
I thank you sir :D One of the things I want to do is catch up on some of your posts; being up at 5AM leaves me with reading your posts at about 7PM. Not good; I need to be awake for those!

Hope all is well with you and yours :D

TheButcher wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:27 pm Excellent Mark and have a Great time off!
Thanks much and oh yeah I will!! There will probably be beer involved... :D

Butterfly Maiden wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:44 pm Lovely images again Mark.

Thanks Vanessa, and have you gotten your first paycheque yet? :lol: Hope all's good with you and Sophie, and nice to see you put your website in your sig file!

Juno16 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:50 pm Hi Mark,

Very nice images and have a super week!

Any plans for imaging?

Jim!!! Very nice to hear from you! Hope all is good with you, the missus and Jack :D Any new puppies to take care of lately?

As for imaging, not sure. Probably the Sun, but I think I'm going to get out my orange-tube C80 and my 10" and do some early morning observing. It's been over a year since I've done that, and before the temps start dropping to single digits...

However, weather permitting, I might take a run up the highway north; I know a few good spots. I really want to take this out for a whirl; I made it about two years ago and have used it twice here, though not with the clearest skies. Not very good looking to be sure, but the tracking was spot-on over two minutes; I wouldn't mind trying 3 to even maybe 10 minutes with it.
Manually driven, but one Mississippi, two Mississippi works quite well :D
BDT_02.jpg
BDT_01.jpg

Thanks for the comments all, and to my other posts as well. It's really not been a good month for the three of us for reasons I won't post here, but being on here and reading all your posts and replies to mine has been a great diversion; thank you.

Really, you gotta love astronomy (day or night), this forum and all the good people on it. So good for the soul :D

And BTW, depending on my weather, you might possibly get a flood of posts from me next week. Prepare yourselves... :lol:

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Good start to vacation Mark! I hope you will have lots of fun.

My one week off is almost over, I am going back to work on Monday. Can't complain though managed three observing sessions. :D
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

Thefatkitty wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:22 am
Butterfly Maiden wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:44 pm Lovely images again Mark.

Thanks Vanessa, and have you gotten your first paycheque yet? :lol: Hope all's good with you and Sophie, and nice to see you put your website in your sig file!

Thanks for the comments all, and to my other posts as well. It's really not been a good month for the three of us for reasons I won't post here, but being on here and reading all your posts and replies to mine has been a great diversion; thank you.

Really, you gotta love astronomy (day or night), this forum and all the good people on it. So good for the soul :D

And BTW, depending on my weather, you might possibly get a flood of posts from me next week. Prepare yourselves... :lol:

All the best,
Not got a paycheque yet mark - I haven't earned it yet :lol:

Sophia is good, thank you for asking.

I felt it was easier to put all my walking photos in my own website, rather than cluttering up the Forum. So if anyone is interested they can click the link at their leisure.

I am pleased that members' posts are keeping your spirits up - that is what friends are for :smile:

I am quite certain that your 'flood of posts' will be very welcome, so go for it ;)

Have a great time and all the best to your family.
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.