Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

The last of me with AR2833

Post by Thefatkitty »

Hey all, hope you're good :D

Once again I'm rambling on about AR2833. But I promise it will be my last post on this as it's probably going to disappear for me tomorrow. At least you can hope :lol:

This particular spot started a viewable life on May 18th as AR2824, and rotated off the face of the disc on May 30th. It survived the trip around the far side and came back as the current AR2833 on June 13th.

On the 15th, 16th and 17th of June I managed to get some shots in of ol' Sol. Then it was cloudy here on the 18th, 19th and 20th, and then it cleared up for the past three days (21st, 22nd and 23rd). Multiples of three...

This is our star today; June 23rd. There was what's labelled as a New Region yesterday which I was hoping would turn into a spot of sorts. Not to be (so far) but you can clearly see it in the 10 o'clock position, plus maybe another one forming at the 8 o'clock position as well that wasn't there yesterday.

Sun_06-23-21-s.jpg

Full size image here

Will they form a sunspot(s)? Seeing as how I'm clouded in for the next bit, I'll have to rely on Spaceweather.com and mayhaps you solar-heads on here to inform me of that... ;)

I also took the time to merge my 6 clear days into one image to show the progression of AR2833 with the three day gap too... All of the "spots" are from their consecutive days, and using a 10X10 pixel grid overlay, each spot is where it should be.

Sun_06-15-16-17-21-22-23_2021-s.jpg

Full size image here

That blueish dot to the bottom right of the pics is our Earth to scale as well. I forgot to put that in my images yesterday. Bad me :lol:

My nights lately have been cloudy; I'd seriously like to just sit out and do some plain old observing. I have more than a few scopes and eyepieces that need to see some light :D

All the best and have a good night/day!
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: The last of me with AR2833

Post by messier 111 »

very nice work , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Nice shot Mark it finishes off your progression merge nicely .
There is some activity coming around the limb but doesn't appear like it will amount to much but you never know , here is what I could see coming .
June 23  j1.jpg
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
W/L scope Williams Optic Megrez 110mm / Lunt herschel wedge .
Night scope Celestron 9.25 XLT
Mounts HEQ6 , HEQ5 , Losmandy G8
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

I really liked the progression and I hope you take some time to just relax and view :)
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

That is great Mark! Very nice job on following and imaging it.
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Thanks for the comments all :D I got in today to haze with clouds, so I couldn't even check ol' Sol. Probably just as well.

Mike, that's a great shot; H-Alpha shows so much! I've really got to get out to you one weekend before the summer ends :lol:

All the best everyone,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi Mark. I really like the stacked progression that you did of AR2833 in white light, and the little blue ball representing the size of our Earth. Thanks for sharing your latest work with us Mark, and the best of wishes for many clear night (and day) skies.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Makuser wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:50 pm Hi Mark. I really like the stacked progression that you did of AR2833 in white light, and the little blue ball representing the size of our Earth. Thanks for sharing your latest work with us Mark, and the best of wishes for many clear night (and day) skies.
Thanks Marshall, and I want to thank you for the Father's Day wishes last weekend as well :D Wasn't the best of days; our cat was needing medical attention and the girls were pretty upset about it all. Not the best of times for sure. But that's what fathers are for; to be there for all their girls (and boys), whether human or feline.

All our best to you and Sheri and have a great night!
Mark

Solar:
3052 Member of the RASC