OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

The leaning shed of Back Creek

Post by OzEclipse »

"The leaning shed of Back Creek"

About 3.5 hrs of sequenced images.
A serendipitous sweep of quartz halogen headlights from a passing Toyota Hilux painted the landscape with lights.
Captured Sept 2018. First processed June 2019. Reprocessed last few weeks.

There is a fad of adding artificial crayon like colours to star trails around at the moment.
I must admit I don't like the artificial sky colouring technique.

In this capture, I recorded the natural star colours. They have had their colour saturation boosted. This is captured with a Pentax 10-17mm full frame fisheye. Profile corrections removed the distortion

Pentax K5
Pentax 10-17mm fisheye @ 10mm f3.5
40s ISO 6400
340 exposures

Joe
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members)
KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: The leaning shed of Back Creek

Post by KathyNS »

Congratulations on the TSS Picture of the Day">TPOD!
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
OzEclipse Australia

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

KathyNS wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:45 pm Congratulations on the TPOD!
Thank you very much Kathy and Gordon

Joe
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members)
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Hankmeister3 »

Now that's cool, Joe. That's one of the best "circumpolar" shots I've ever seen. Pumping up the color saturation was a nice touch. Very striking.

I'm assuming this was imaged in the southern hemisphere and that's Sigma Octantis near the center of the arcs scribed by the circumpolar stars.
Telescopes: Meade LX90 10-inch f/10 UHC Coma-free SCT; Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 APO ED triplet refractor; Skywatcher 72mm f/6 ED Schott doublet refractor; Meade 70mm f/5 APO quadruplet astrograph refractor; Skywatcher Quattro 8-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Orion 6-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Skywatcher SkyMax 180mm f/15 Maksutov; iOptron 150mm f/12 Maksutov; Orion f/9 Ritchey-Chretien RC astrograph
Eyepieces: Set of 7 Baader Hyperion eyepieces, 3 Meade 5000 glass handgrenades; 1970s era Japanese manufactured Meade 12.5mm Orthoscopic, and too many other eclectic eyepieces to list
Mounts: Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro mount; Orion Atlas EQ-G mount
Post-production Software: Not good enough … oh, okay ... Canon's proprietary CanoScan ArcSoft 9000F photoshop suite
OzEclipse Australia

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

Hankmeister3 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:25 am Now that's cool, Joe. That's one of the best "circumpolar" shots I've ever seen. Pumping up the color saturation was a nice touch. Very striking.

I'm assuming this was imaged in the southern hemisphere and that's Sigma Octantis near the center of the arcs scribed by the circumpolar stars.
Thanks Hank

Yes southern hemisphere, raw capture, stars not overexposed so they have colour.

The collapsing shed was just icing on the cake!

Joe
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

That’s really cool :) thanks for posting
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Interesting! I see purple and green trails in there.

When I was a kid, I'd squint at the multicolored lights on our Christmas tree and pretend I was looking into a star cluster. Here's proof that there are green stars. 8-) ;)
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s