Big Haul this weekend - rivers of stars

Post your nightscape photos here.
OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Big Haul this weekend - rivers of stars

Post by OzEclipse »

Had two perfectly clear nights this weekend with last quarter moonrise at roughly 1230 and 0130 on Friday and Saturday.
Got home at 3am this morning, slept until late morning.

The Milky Way lays along the western horizon at 1am so capture was concentrated between 11pm and 1am.
I have at least ten usable images from the two nights.

These first two images were taken at the same time. I already posted the first in another thread. The rising mist on the river was illuminated by a flashlight.
Murrumbidge-River-4283.jpg
However, using only available light, the rising mist on the river doesn't show up and I got an entirely different feel to the shot.
Murrumbidge-River-4287.jpg
Looking south east up the river with the city skyglow in the distance
Murrumbidge-River-4341.jpg
Looking west down the river at the setting Milky Way -
Murrumbidge-River-4357.jpg
"A River of Stars"

Great weekend!

Cheers

Joe
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)
Don Quixote
Articles: 0

Re: Big Haul this weekend - rivers of stars

Post by Don Quixote »

Just exquisite, Joe.
Like visual gems...
I wonderful experience for me here to view your work !
Thank you.
OzEclipse Australia

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

Thank you for your kind comments Mark.

I failed to mention in my first post that the images were taken over a wide area. The last two images were taken about 30km(20mi) down river from the first two. I have other pictures, not yet posted taken while travelling in-between these two locations.

Joe
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)
OzEclipse Australia

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

One more

"Pegasus, in the saddle"
The great square of Pegasus sits just above the saddle between these two hills!
M31 is frustratingly just below the horizon. i wanted to move onto the river location in the shots in the first post and so I didn't wait for it to rise.
Murrumbidge-River-4315.jpg
Pentax K1, Samyang 14mm f2.8 15s ISO 6400