Nightscape photography course

Post your nightscape photos here.
OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Nightscape photography course

Post by OzEclipse »

My Nightscapes and Star Trails photography workshop has been running for the past three weeks.

The course was reformatted this year. It starts with 4 x 1hr sessions conducted via zoom over a few weeks.
This past weekend, and for the first time since my move, 8 course participants and a former student who volunteered to come and help run the course came up here to my dark sky retreat and stayed for the weekend. The skies mostly cooperated.
BM-NIGHTSCAPES#4-7295.jpg
Photo of some of the group members engrossed in Nightscape work.

It was clear all Friday night while my volunteer, Paul, and I went out and did a dry run of the field trip.

Most of the group arrived Saturday. Three of the eight fell sick and didn't come at short notice. As luck would have it, the three that didn't come were the three that had all the special dietary requirements, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian. So all the no food sensitivity, no food restriction people enjoyed the dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian meal I prepared while sitting around the outdoor fire pit during twilight. We got ready straight after dinner and hit the road

The first half of Saturday night, the time when the Milky Way was near the horizon, was clear and cloudless from the end of twilight at 720pm until around 1130pm when the Milky Way starts getting too high in the sky to combine with landscapes anyway. Then the cloud came in and we came back to the house for a cup of tea and a piece of apple crumble.

It was predicted to clear again at 3am but everybody agreed that they'd had such a good night and with the Milky Way high in the sky at 3am they'd rather sleep and wake refreshed in the morning for the drive home.

More photos coming soon!

regards
Joe Cali
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)