Comet NEOWISE and the ISS

Post your nightscape photos here.
Dyno05 United States of America
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Comet NEOWISE and the ISS

Post by Dyno05 »

I got up to shoot Neowise yesterday morning and by total luck I caught a frame with the ISS passing at the same time!

Astro-Tech 80 EDT-CF, Celestron 8SE, Celestron 9.25 SCT Carbon fiber, Meade 7”Mak, Celestron 5SE, Celestron C6R
Celestron AVX, Starguider 60mm guide scope, ASI120mm-s, ASI120mc, ASI224MC, ASI294MC Pro, Canon T3i, Canon 90d
Instagram: @sono_astro
Facebook: SoNo Astro
KingClinton
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Comet NEOWISE and the ISS

Post by KingClinton »

That is pretty cool!
Eyeballs, binoculars, sketch box, Scopes n stuff.
Some people don't understand why I love astronomy so much, I cannot understand why they do not!

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

ohh wow. please apod ahah.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KathyNS »

I can't see NEOWISE because it is too low, behind trees. But I did know about the ISS pass and was hoping someone would capture the combination. Well done!
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Nicely done! Much like Kathy here; those damn trees... did see the ISS though.

Excellent shot, good for you! :D
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Dyno05 United States of America
Mars Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Dyno05 »

I was lucky enough to be able to drive only 5 minutes to this location. It was impossible to see from home, but in the water it looked higher than I would have thought. There are several photos around with the ISS and the comet. It was caught a lot. Mine was caught by total luck. The craziest thing was that I knew the ISS was on an am schedule and I meant to check for passes and knew it was most likely a long shot that it would be in the same area. I ended up totally forgetting about checking. Yesterday my friend sent me a photo he took that morning and he said that he caught the ISS. I was super jealous . I hadn’t looked at my images yet. When I got home I was thrilled to find I had a frame too.
Astro-Tech 80 EDT-CF, Celestron 8SE, Celestron 9.25 SCT Carbon fiber, Meade 7”Mak, Celestron 5SE, Celestron C6R
Celestron AVX, Starguider 60mm guide scope, ASI120mm-s, ASI120mc, ASI224MC, ASI294MC Pro, Canon T3i, Canon 90d
Instagram: @sono_astro
Facebook: SoNo Astro