Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Retro lunar

Post by John Donne »

chris_g wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:48 pm
John Donne wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:43 pm
I shot that through on old 8" Meade LXD Sct, John with a Galaxy note 4 mounted on the EP. I cannot remember what EP I used. That cell camera took the best pictures of any cell phone I have had since.

Thank you for looking.

Hi Mark,

I tried shooting the Moon through the Hyperion EPs with the Canon a few weeks back, I got some serious chromatic aberration around it that I haven't figured out how to remove yet. Wondering if you did as well and how you processed it if you did. I tried PS removal tool but it didn't help much. I'm wondering if it's from the diagonal I was using to achieve focus, I know it's not from the scope. I've since deleted them as they weren't in a good sharp focus so I'm going to give it another go. I'll try the Note 20 as well if I can get the NexYZ adapter to hold the phone flat against the EP.

Chris
Hello Chris.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question from any experience. These EP belonged to my friend Henry. He acquired them to do AP, but I have never used them.

I wish I could tell you something useful. I had not even used them in visual observation.

I think that if you post this question in its own thread there may be someone who knows more and can give advice.

My apology for my lack of knowledge.

Regards and clear skies to you.
Mark
SCOPES :ES127 f7.5, SW100 f9 Evostar, ES80 F6, LXD75 8" f10 SCT, 2120 10" f10 SCT, ES152 f6.5.
MOUNTS: SW AZ/EQ5, MEADE LXD75, CELESTRON CG4, Farpoint Parallelogram.
BINOCULARS: CL 10X30, Pentax 8X43, 25X100 Oberwerks.
EP: Many.

"I am more than a sum of molecules.
I am more than a sum of memories or events.
I do not one day suddenly cease to be.
I am, before memory.
I am, before event.
I am"
chris_g United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by chris_g »

Hi Mark,

I thought you'd like to know that Henry answered the question. I did an internet search and found this.

viewtopic.php?t=3453

Clear skies!
John Donne wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:28 am
Hello Chris.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question from any experience. These EP belonged to my friend Henry. He acquired them to do AP, but I have never used them.

I wish I could tell you something useful. I had not even used them in visual observation.

I think that if you post this question in its own thread there may be someone who knows more and can give advice.

My apology for my lack of knowledge.

Regards and clear skies to you.
Mark
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG, SV501P
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
EP: Baader Hyperion Modular Set
Filters: L-Pro Canon EOS C, L-eNhance, L-Pro, Optolong Ha 7mm, Optolong Oiii 6.5mm, Optolong Sii 6.5mm, ES H-Beta
Session Control: Mini PC/Win11 Pro, APT 4.1, PHD2 2.6.10
Processing: PixInsight, DSS 4.2.6, Adobe PS CC, Astronomy Tools Action Set, Star Spikes Pro
j.gardavsky Germany
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by j.gardavsky »

Hello John,

the Petavius central peaks remind me of Snow White with her Seven Dwarfs - a very nice resolution of the Petavius!

Thean you for sharing,
JG
6" F/5 Sky-Watcher achro, 2" BBHS Star Diagonal, 2" zenith prism, 1.25" Takahashi prism
Leica 82mm APO Televid
Eyepieces: Docter UWA; Leica B WW and WW Asph. Zoom; Leica HC Plan S and L, monocentric; Pentax SMC XW, O-, XO; Tak MC O, Carl Zeiss B WW, and Pl, E-Pl, S-Pl, W-Pl;
Swarovski SW; Baader Symmetric Diascope Edition; Nikon NAV SW, ; TMB supermonocentric; Rodenstock; Vixen HR; TV Delos
Filters: Astrodon, Astronomik, Baader, Balzers, Zeiss West and East, Lumicon
Binoculars (7x42 up to 15x85): Docter Nobilem, Leica Ultravid, Nikon Astroluxe, Swarovski EL Swarovision; BA8 (Kunming Optical)