The Spindle...

Post your DSO images here.
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

The Spindle...

Post by UlteriorModem »

Got bored, decided to look through the archives to find data I had not fussed with.

Found a few frames of the Spindle. After culling I was left with 4 frames. It was pretty noisy and mediocre data.

But I'm bored :D

ImageSpindel P1 by Tom Whit, on Flickr
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: The Spindle...

Post by Graeme1858 »

That's a nice bright galaxy Tom.

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

I think that's great! Hope your skies clear up; I'm sure you're itching to get out.... Funny, I was going through some files as well the other day; freed up just over 23GB. Seriously, how many .TIFF files of the various moon phases do I need?? :lol:

All the best,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 592

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Nice work Tom. I wish I could pull up an old version of the sky to look at visually rather than being stuck in the clouds and fog.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Thefatkitty wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:54 pm I think that's great! Hope your skies clear up; I'm sure you're itching to get out.... Funny, I was going through some files as well the other day; freed up just over 23GB. Seriously, how many .TIFF files of the various moon phases do I need?? :lol:

All the best,
Yea I kind of was doing sort of the same thing, especially clearing out old video files of lunar. They can really eat up space.

But while doing that I came across this data of the spindle. Wasn't sure if I had processed it or not. Probably had not since it was pretty poor data with lots of sky glow due to the moon phase. So decided to put this together.

Still looks like at least until the end of this week for clear skies. A 'strong' cold front is supposed to pass through today but curiously will not lead to clear skies like they usually do :(
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

UlteriorModem wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:04 pm Yea I kind of was doing sort of the same thing, especially clearing out old video files of lunar. They can really eat up space.

But while doing that I came across this data of the spindle. Wasn't sure if I had processed it or not. Probably had not since it was pretty poor data with lots of sky glow due to the moon phase. So decided to put this together.

Still looks like at least until the end of this week for clear skies. A 'strong' cold front is supposed to pass through today but curiously will not lead to clear skies like they usually do :(
Thats a pain, but curious you should say that about the cold front. Same with me here; usually a cold front is followed by clear skies. Of all the cold fronts we had this winter, only one provided clear skies. I'm just hoping for even 15 minutes on Wednesday to see Venus in the Pleiades.
Hope your weekend works out at the very least :D
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
MariusD69 Romania
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by MariusD69 »

Very nice! Well done, Tom!
Marius
Mount: iOpton Cem60, HEQ5-for spare
Scopes: newt SW 150/750PDS, dobson SW 150/1200; SW 114/500; TS Photoline 80mm f/6 Triplet APO; SW ST80
Cameras: ASI294MC Pro; ASI1600MM Pro; Atik 314L+mono; Canon 1100D; QHY5III-178m; QHY5L-II-m ; ASI224; Altair GPCAM 290M, GPCAM290C
Accessories: Baader MPCC; GPU KomakorrF4; TS Flat2; TS 0.79x FR/FF