Post your DSO images here.
carastro Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Astrophotography video

Post by carastro »

Thanks every-one.
I thought this was better than posting my images up one at a time.

Carole
Mount: HEQ5 + Polemaster
Guiding: SW Finderguider and QHY5
Scopes: Skywatcher ED80, Skywatcher ED120, William Optics ZS71, Samyang 135MM F2 lens,
Cameras: Atik460EX, Atik428EX, Canon 1100D
Filters: Baader

https://sites.google.com/view/astrophot ... -pope/home
Astrovetteman
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Astrovetteman »

Hi Carole....I REALLY liked your video with longer screen time for each photo (sorry didn't see you posted that after I replied first)....looked very professional!! I noticed in one photo of a star party in the first video that you, or someone else, had a tent with the top open.....what brand is that or where can you get one of those? I've never seen one of those actually used, and I don't know if I can use it with my "Wheelie Bars" but it looks like it would sure cut down on wind problems. Anyway, just thought I'd ask....Love your videos!!
Tom
Scopes:TeleVue NP127is, TeleVue TV-85, Celestron C8 EdgeHD
Mount:Celestron CGEM-DX Hypertuned, CGX-L
Cameras: ASI6200MM/7POS 2”FW,QHY16200A, QHY9M, QHY10 OSC, Canon 60Da, QHY5LII, QHY PoleMaster
Guider:Orion 60mm Deluxe/ZWOASI120MC
Filters: Astrodon LRGB Gen2, Astrodon UV/IR Cut, Astrodon 3nmOIII, Astrodon 3nmSII, Baader 3.5nmHA, Baader 7nmHA
Software:MaximDL6, APT, Pixinsight, Photoshop CS5
Remote Sites: Deep Sky West-Chile, Telescope Live Australia, Chile, Spain
Cats:Pugsley, Tiggy, Panda
Dog:Noell
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Astrovetteman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:03 pm Hi Carole....I REALLY liked your video with longer screen time for each photo (sorry didn't see you posted that after I replied first)....looked very professional!! I noticed in one photo of a star party in the first video that you, or someone else, had a tent with the top open.....what brand is that or where can you get one of those? I've never seen one of those actually used, and I don't know if I can use it with my "Wheelie Bars" but it looks like it would sure cut down on wind problems. Anyway, just thought I'd ask....Love your videos!!
Tom
Google Astronomy tent, you will get dozens of hits.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

Awesome video Carole... both in production and the content. you've got many great talents. I look forward to more.
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11
carastro Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by carastro »

Thanks Guys:
I noticed in one photo of a star party in the first video that you, or someone else, had a tent with the top open.....what brand is that or where can you get one of those? I've never seen one of those actually used, and I don't know if I can use it with my "Wheelie Bars" but it looks like it would sure cut down on wind problems. Anyway, just thought I'd ask
Yes that's my Observatory tent, it's great, but I have had to do a number of modifications/improvements to it, so unless you know some-one handy with a sewing machine it might not be for you.

I'll start a new thread on it. I had a real job finding one as most places say out of stick and don;t know when they will get any more, but finally found it on a UK site.

http://astrograph.net/Observatory-Tent-3m-x-14m

Carole
Mount: HEQ5 + Polemaster
Guiding: SW Finderguider and QHY5
Scopes: Skywatcher ED80, Skywatcher ED120, William Optics ZS71, Samyang 135MM F2 lens,
Cameras: Atik460EX, Atik428EX, Canon 1100D
Filters: Baader

https://sites.google.com/view/astrophot ... -pope/home
kt4hx United States of America
Articles: 4

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

A very wonderful video collage Carol. I appreciate the longer version which definitely helps the viewer. You also added in labels, which I was going to suggest after watching the first one, but with only 3 seconds, it would be difficult to read them and enjoy the image as well. The labels do help because as many objects as most of us know by appearance, many viewers of Youtube would not.

I will also comment on a couple things that stood out to me. In your images of M81, and since I've commented on this with a couple of others who've posted images of that galaxy, I truly love how well you captured the mag 16.5 satellite of M81, Holmberg IX.

Also, I really liked the varied views of the Rosette, presumably through different filters.

Thanks again, for the delightful show. :)
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
ES AR127 f/6.5 || ES ED80 f/6 || Apertura 6" f/5 Newtonian
Mounts: ES Twilight-II and Twilight-I
EPs: AT 82° 28mm UWA || TV Ethos 100° 21mm and 13mm || Vixen LVW 65° 22mm ||
ES 82° 18mm || Pentax XW 70° 10mm, 7mm and 5mm || barlows
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Astronomers, we look into the past to see our future." (me)
"Seeing is in some respect an art, which must be learnt." (William Herschel)
"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)
"No good deed goes unpunished." (various)
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
Stuart United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Stuart »

Very nice job getting the IFN between M81 and M82.
Personal equipment: TEC 140 F7 on Astro-Physics Mach 1 mount. Camera QSI 683ws7. Guide with Vario guiding scope
Shared equipment through Star Shadows Remote Observatory through PROMPT/ CTIO/Chile 16" RCOS 16803 chip
Shared equipment through San Diego Astronomy Society 14" RC with 16803 chip on a paramount
Software (for my stuff) PemPRO, SGP, PHD, Focus Boss, ASCOM, and Pixinsight on the other end.
XCalRocketMan United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by XCalRocketMan »

Great job at your first attempt with "best of" video - some nice images in there. As I commented on YouTube (and I see others here as well) more time between images and less images would be my preference.
Scopes Celestron EdgeHD-11; William Optics GT102; William Optics ZS61; Criterion Dynamax-8 SCT
Mounts AP1100GTO mount w/APCCpro; iOptron iEQ30 Pro; Criterion Dynamax-8 SCT
Lenses Hyperstar-III; Celestron 0.7x FR; WO Flat/Reducer 0.8x
Guiding Celestron OAG w/ASI174mm mini; WO 50mm; Orion ST80
Cameras and Filters ZWO2600mm Pro w/Optolong 3nm NB and RGB; ZWOASI1600mm Pro (ZWO LRGB and Astrodon Ha-5nm, Oiii-3nm, Sii-5nm), QHY10, Canon 50D; ASI174mm mini; ASI462MC; ASI120MC
Misc Moonlite focuser on Edge - Feather-Touch focuser on GT102; ZWO EAF on ZS61; ZWO 2" and 31mm FWs; Kendrick Dew System, Temp-est Fans
Software NINA; PHD; APT; BYE; PI; APP; PSP; Registax; FireCapture; SharpCap
Blog at: SkyAndRockets
Kanadalainen
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Kanadalainen »

Top drawer, thanks!
Ian

Fracs: Stellarvue 70T f6; SW 120mm Esprit f7; "Mark Mk. II" - 60 mm Tasco f6; C80 frac f 11.4
SCT: C8 Edge f10 or f7 with reducer
Dob: 14.5" homebuilt strut dob (f4.5 ZOC mirror), Nexus II, Moonlite focuser
Mounts - Ioptron Skyguider pro, Astro Physics GTO900
Cameras and lenses - ZWO 2600 mc, 290 mm mini, Canon 60D modded with Rokinon 10mm 2.8; Rokinon 135mm f2

Skysafari 6 Pro, Astro Pixel Processor, Pixinsight - using Mac tablet and ASIair pro to run the AP rig.

"Mothers! It is there!" - Rafael Gonzales-Acuna, 2018.
Don Quixote

Post by Don Quixote »

Thank you Carole for this wonderful thread.
I have also appreciated your nicely produced lessons on layers and other tools in processing the AP images.
Thank you for sharing this knowledge.