First post here, my last work the Elephant's trunk nebula in SHO palette

Post your DSO images here.
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

First post here, my last work the Elephant's trunk nebula in SHO palette

Post by hectorbdn »

Hello, this is my first contribution to this forum, I'm into AP since 4 years ago, I love astronomy and everything related to the univers since I have memories, but , this hobby is very expensive! so I only could start taking pictures from few years ago, anyways, I love to take pictures of DSOs and staring at them wondering about what I'm seeing

the well known elephant's trunk nebula:

Hope you guys like it!

specs:

23x300s Ha

7x600 O3

7x600s S2

SW NEQ6 PRO II

TS-Optics 130/650mm Imaging Star APO

QHY16200A 7 x 50mm astronomik filters 6nm

Zwo 290mm mini (OAG) MSI laptop

Sequence generator pro PixInsight
dave_galera
Earth Ambassador

Re: First post here, my last work the Elephant's trunk nebula in SHO palette

Post by dave_galera »

You made it across!! Welcome aboard, you will find a very friendly crowd on this forum with lots of useful help.

Great image love the colours, but for me a bit darker LOL
Dave
Takahashi FSQ-85EDX astrograph, Celestron C8 EdgeHD, Takahashi EM200 Temma-2M mount, Lodestar X2
Atik 383L+ mono camera + EFW2 Filter Wheel, Baader LRGB/Ha/OIII/SII 2" filters, Lakeside Focuser, Kendrick Dew Heaters,Pulsar dome
Maxim DL v6, FocusMax, SharpCap, Dusk, Pixinsight, Photoshop CC, Nik Software Tools
http://www.qdigital-astro.com
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

dave_galera wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm You made it!! Welcome aboard.
Great image love the colours, but for me a bit darker LOL
Hello Dave, you told me about this forum on SGL haha !

yeah I know it , you like it darker lol

this is the version you might like:

dave_galera
Earth Ambassador

Post by dave_galera »

Yeah, that's more like it, good separation of colours and structure with good contrast
Dave
Takahashi FSQ-85EDX astrograph, Celestron C8 EdgeHD, Takahashi EM200 Temma-2M mount, Lodestar X2
Atik 383L+ mono camera + EFW2 Filter Wheel, Baader LRGB/Ha/OIII/SII 2" filters, Lakeside Focuser, Kendrick Dew Heaters,Pulsar dome
Maxim DL v6, FocusMax, SharpCap, Dusk, Pixinsight, Photoshop CC, Nik Software Tools
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

Thanks Dave! indeed all my collegues were saying "you have to make it stronger!" lol , I prefer the softer result more, it just totally depends on my mood :p

btw, I see you are in South Spain! how's weather there¿? here in the North-East doesn't stop raining :?
Last edited by hectorbdn on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don Quixote

Post by Don Quixote »

This is a wonderful image of the Elephant's trunk, Hector.
Thank you for joining us here and sharing your work!
Both images are beautiful.
Cheers.
dave_galera
Earth Ambassador

Post by dave_galera »

I am in Galera at about 3000ft (1000M) and we don't get much rain although it has been threatening all day, but today it is very very windy
Dave
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

Don Quixote wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:56 pm This is a wonderful image of the Elephant's trunk, Hector.
Thank you for joining us here and sharing your work!
Both images are beautiful.
Cheers.
I will be sharing more pictures in the next days, hope you guys like'em! :Astronomer1:

thanks! greatly appreciated!
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

dave_galera wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:59 pm I am in Galera at about 3000ft (1000M) and we don't get much rain although it has been threatening all day, but today it is very very windy
I see, is non of my business but how you end up there? just wondering :D nice place! and peaceful
dave_galera
Earth Ambassador

Post by dave_galera »

hectorbdn wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm
dave_galera wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:59 pm I am in Galera at about 3000ft (1000M) and we don't get much rain although it has been threatening all day, but today it is very very windy
I see, is non of my business but how you end up there? just wondering :D nice place! and peaceful
No problem, been in the IT industry for 40 years, got fed up with corporate crap and took early retirement, got fed up of UK weather and moved to Spain...Torrevieja. Hated every minute of it...tooooo many Brits LOL. While touring around Spain came across this small village of Galera up in the mountains, loved it and moved here. The one thing that sold me on the area was the Cave Houses and the total lack of light pollution and very transparent skies....so I bought a Cave House and set up my observatory....never looked back since. Thanks for asking.
Dave
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

dave_galera wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:32 pm
hectorbdn wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm
No problem, been in the IT industry for 40 years, got fed up with corporate crap and took early retirement, got fed up of UK weather and moved to Spain...Torrevieja. Hated every minute of it...tooooo many Brits LOL. While touring around Spain came across this small village of Galera up in the mountains, loved it and moved here. The one thing that sold me on the area was the Cave Houses and the total lack of light pollution and very transparent skies....so I bought a Cave House and set up my observatory....never looked back since. Thanks for asking.
I might be wrong but you came out on spanish tv once don't you? I just remembered a tv documentary about and English person who lives in Galera very enthusiastic of astronomy , is that you?
dave_galera
Earth Ambassador

Post by dave_galera »

hectorbdn wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm I might be wrong but you came out on spanish tv once don't you? I just remembered a tv documentary about and English person who lives in Galera very enthusiastic of astronomy , is that you?
Ummmm, no don't think it was me, there is one other person interested in astronomy in Galera, it maybe him, but actually he doesn't do any serious photography, he is one of these that can just tell a good tail, he is all bulls..t LOL
Dave
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

dave_galera wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:44 pm
hectorbdn wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm I might be wrong but you came out on spanish tv once don't you? I just remembered a tv documentary about and English person who lives in Galera very enthusiastic of astronomy , is that you?
Ummmm, no don't think it was me, there is one other person interested in astronomy in Galera, it maybe him, but actually he doesn't do any serious photography, he is one of these that can just tell a good tail LOL
I see! :lol: thanks!
bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

Very nice Elephant Trunk, Hector!
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

fatboy1271
Pluto Ambassador

Post by fatboy1271 »

I like em both, but I love the second one!
OTAs: Explore Scientific ED80 Essential Edition / The Little Guy (Celestron 90SLT)
Mount: Celestron Advanced VX
Gear: Canon 70D / Hutech LPS-D1-48 / ES 2" Field Flattener / QHY PoleMaster / Celestron GPS / ZWO ASI120MC / Orion 50mm Guide Scope / ZWO EAF
Software: CPWI / PHD2 / N.I.N.A / Stellarium/StellariumScope/Remote Control / PI / RegiStax 6 / AutoStakkert!2 / PIPP | Retired? BackyardEOS Premium
EPs: Stock Celestron 9mm and 24mm / Celestron Omni 32mm (I love this one!) / Celestron X-Cel LX 3x Barlow (I think 2X would have been smarter...)
Support Staff (Loved Ones!): CeCe, Ro, and Geno
Let's Go Pens!!!
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

bladekeeper wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:38 am Very nice Elephant Trunk, Hector!
thank you! glad you liked it :D
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

fatboy1271 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:44 am I like em both, but I love the second one!
haha! thanks for your opinion, happy that you like it!
MariusD69 Romania
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by MariusD69 »

Very impressive! Great work!!
Marius
Mount: iOpton Cem60, HEQ5-for spare
Scopes: newt SW 150/750PDS, dobson SW 150/1200; SW 114/500; TS Photoline 80mm f/6 Triplet APO; SW ST80
Cameras: ASI294MC Pro; ASI1600MM Pro; Atik 314L+mono; Canon 1100D; QHY5III-178m; QHY5L-II-m ; ASI224; Altair GPCAM 290M, GPCAM290C
Accessories: Baader MPCC; GPU KomakorrF4; TS Flat2; TS 0.79x FR/FF
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Nice images, I like both. :) and welcome to the forum Hector!
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2407, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
hectorbdn
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by hectorbdn »

MariusD69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 pm Very impressive! Great work!!
Thank you!!!!