Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

IRIS IS BACK

Post by Mirrorgirl »

HI THERE

here's iris processed in photoshop this time using levels and noise reduction i think this is as good as it will get i just need more data....here it is comments welcome thanks
iris_nebula_rhoda_s_edited_edited.jpg
if you click on pic to enlarge it you will see more details.....thanks for looking

Rhoda :observatory: :animals-dogrun: :geek: :D
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

:observatory: NONE :observatory:
bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: IRIS IS BACK

Post by bobharmony »

Congrats, Rhoda - you found the dust - and the core! Definitely your best version yet.

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KathyNS »

Nice! Your focus is better, and there is some nice detail in the core.
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

KathyNS wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm Nice! Your focus is better, and there is some nice detail in the core.

Hi Kathy

is this any better?
IRIS PROCESSED.jpg
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

here it is again i got some of the rusty bit of the dust in this hope its ok thanks for looking and comments welcome
Attachments
IRIS PROCESSED - Copy - Copy_edited.jpg

KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KathyNS »

You are definitely pulling more data out of the dust. Way to go!
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Hi Rhoda,

A phenomenal improvement! Looks really good!

I hope that you don't mind me saying that your focus is off. Didn't you buy a batinov mask recently? How is it working out?
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Juno16 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:06 pm Hi Rhoda,

I hope that you don't mind me saying that your focus is off. Didn't you buy a batinov mask recently? How is it working out?
I know how to use it but the problem is i don’t no what program to do my focusing in could you help because my images would be a lot better if i could master it.

Frankskywatcher United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Frankskywatcher »

I can’t give you any advise but I know what I like,it’s awesome thanks for sharing !
Gee if I had known there was so much to see I would have started decades ago ! :Astronomer1:

Equipment :
Apertura AD10” Dobsonian

Polaris 4” Dobsonian

7x50 binoculars
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Mirrorgirl wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:20 pm

I know how to use it but the problem is i don’t no what program to do my focusing in could you help because my images would be a lot better if i could master it.
Hi Rhoda,

What application are you using for image capture?
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Juno16 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:29 am
Mirrorgirl wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:20 pm

Hi Rhoda,

What application are you using for image capture?
I'm not guiding yet so i'm not using anything...when i do start guiding i will be using phd2 and apt

thanks

bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bobharmony »

Mirrorgirl wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:35 am

I'm not guiding yet so i'm not using anything...when i do start guiding i will be using phd2 and apt

thanks
Rhoda - that is the combination I am using for capture and guiding. APT has a Bahtinov focusing aid that is very useful to me. In the meantime if you snap images of a bright star with the mask in place and use a high ISO you can take relatively short exposures and check out the spikes the baht mask generates and adjust focus until all three line up in the same place. Then you can swing to your target and start collecting data.

BTW all the processes you have shown here have their own special beauty, at some point it becomes an "eye of the beholder" thing. If you like it, it's right.

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

HERE'S ANOTHER JUST WISH I WAS FOCUSED ON IT IT WOULD OF BEEN ALOT BETTER...THANKS
IRIS FINISHED.jpg
:dance:

starfield United States of America
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

AP Processing Challenge

Post by starfield »

Wow. You're making great progress. When I got started I used Sharpcap for image capture, but APT should do the trick. And since it has a Bahtinov mask aid all the better.
Scopes: Esprit 100, 12.5" Telekit Dob
Camera: 294 MC Pro, 224 mc, 2600mm
Guiding: ZWO 290 mini on 120mm guide scope
Mounts: EQ6R-Pro, EQ Platform.
Filters: Optolong L-Pro & L-Enhance, Chroma 36mm LRGB, 5nm HA, 3nm OIII, 3nm SII.
Software: SharpCap, SGP, StarTools 1.7, Photoshop, Pixinsight
The Death Star Observatory
Astro Photos:https://www.astrobin.com/users/starfield/
BABOafrica Kenya
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by BABOafrica »

Your image is really good. So you have obviously learned how to do the processing and do it well.

Get your focus fixed and you will be off to the races.

You can start using APT before you worry about guiding. APT can help you with the focusing.

However, to be honest, I don't use any program at all.

STEP ONE:

Get close to good focus by getting a bright star squeezed down as small as you can. Just use an eyeball estimation of good focus: smallest disk possible.

STEP TWO

Put the B mask in place.

STEP THREE

Take a fairly long shot of the bright star. About 10-15 seconds. Examine the image.

You will see three lines more or less intersecting. Two of those lines ALWAYS form a perfect X. The third line -- the brightest one -- will be either dead center, intersecting the X perfectly at the middle of the X, or that third line will be off center.

STEP FOUR

Adjust focus until that third line intersects the X as close to the center as you can get it.

BABO
"In lumine tuo videbimus lumen."

Scopes: Stellarvue SV80 Raptor Carbon Fiber ED Doublet / Celestron SCT C8
Williams Optics 66mm APO / DIY 8" f/4 Newtonian astrograph / Nikon 180mm f/2.8
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-G / Celestron AVX / DIY mini-equatorial
Cameras: QHY163m / Fujifilm X-A1 (modded) / Fuji X-A2 (not modded) / Orion StarShoot Auto Guider
Filters: ZWO 7nm NB set / ZWO LRGB set / ZWO Dual Band / Astronomics UHC
Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

Getting better all the time!
Scope: Skywatcher Evostar 80ED (SW 0.85 FR/FF) on a SW NEQ6Pro
Guiding; SW Evoguide 50ED, ASI 120mm mini
Meade 8" LX200 GPS on wedge (Guided with a cheapo 50mm guidescope and a ZWO ASI 120mm mini)
Sharpstar 61EDPH II (with dedicated 0.8 reducer) with wiliam Optics 32mm uniguide
Camera: ASI2600MC pro. QHY 163M with ZWO 7nm NB filters, Canon EOS700D astro mod
Secondary mount: Skywatcher StarAdventurer

My Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/users/mackiedlm/
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Mirrorgirl wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:35 am

thanks

I imagine it it tough to use the batinov mask with just the camera articulating screen. Personally, I never tried that. I assume that you would center the bright star and zoom in to see the spikes using live view.
APT has a very nice Batinov mask focusing tool. I know that Bob @bobharmony mentioned taking short images and looping them while zooming in on the star spike to adjust. There is also a way to use the camera live view to adjust the focus with APT. Live view focusing worked well for me.
Of course, there is also the possibility (high) that the focus will change during the night with changes in temperature.
I use N.I.N.A. Now and I don’t care for their batinov focus tool as well as APT.

All that you can do is the best you can and learn as you go. Your images are looking really nice and as Bob referred to, this hobby is all about creating images that make you happy.

Back to focus just for a second. You can start using APT before you start guiding. There is tons to learn and get comfortable with.
When you get familiar with the focusing tools in APT, you will be on the way to crisper images.

You imaging is coming along very nicely!

Keep up the fine work and Good luck!
Jim