Cygnus Nebula near 01 Cyg

Post your DSO images here.
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Cygnus Nebula near 01 Cyg

Post by Mac »

01 Cyg in the lower left. After a terrible day I was at least able to have a great imaging session. Not a single cloud all night long with average seeing and transparency.

HSS Palette with ASI1600MM 7nm filters
24 x 300 HA 24 x 300 S2 Radian Raptor Oiii stars ( they're the sharpest if no haloes )

Last edited by Mac on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11
bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Cygnus Nebula

Post by bobharmony »

Don't know if it's just me, Steve. I'm not seeing the photo or a link. I'd love to admire your work!

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

bobharmony wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:23 pm Don't know if it's just me, Steve. I'm not seeing the photo or a link. I'd love to admire your work!

Bob
It was me. Someone came to my door, I hit paste and submit. Unfortunately, I forgot to copy the link. LOL
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
BABOafrica Kenya
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by BABOafrica »

Ok, at first I could see nothing but now it's coming through loud and clear.

Very nice capture. I'm not familiar with this target. But it's quite interesting because of all the filaments.

BABO
"In lumine tuo videbimus lumen."

Scopes: Stellarvue SV80 Raptor Carbon Fiber ED Doublet / Celestron SCT C8
Williams Optics 66mm APO / DIY 8" f/4 Newtonian astrograph / Nikon 180mm f/2.8
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-G / Celestron AVX / DIY mini-equatorial
Cameras: QHY163m / Fujifilm X-A1 (modded) / Fuji X-A2 (not modded) / Orion StarShoot Auto Guider
Filters: ZWO 7nm NB set / ZWO LRGB set / ZWO Dual Band / Astronomics UHC
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

BABOafrica wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:31 pm Ok, at first I could see nothing but now it's coming through loud and clear.

Very nice capture. I'm not familiar with this target. But it's quite interesting because of all the filaments.

BABO
Thank you Joe... there is a lot going on in Cygnus Here is another one close by and a 4 panel mosaic around Sadr. Stellarium does not show anything in this area.

Steve

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

and happy 4th of July to all the TSS members

290937571_10227662173000960_6696354311812142462_n.jpg
Steve

BABOafrica Kenya
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by BABOafrica »

Wow, Steve. That's incredible. So beautiful.

BABO
"In lumine tuo videbimus lumen."

Scopes: Stellarvue SV80 Raptor Carbon Fiber ED Doublet / Celestron SCT C8
Williams Optics 66mm APO / DIY 8" f/4 Newtonian astrograph / Nikon 180mm f/2.8
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-G / Celestron AVX / DIY mini-equatorial
Cameras: QHY163m / Fujifilm X-A1 (modded) / Fuji X-A2 (not modded) / Orion StarShoot Auto Guider
Filters: ZWO 7nm NB set / ZWO LRGB set / ZWO Dual Band / Astronomics UHC
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

292112558_10227662641372669_3754467611262035859_n.jpg
Steve

Johnny Carter
Saturn Ambassador

Re: Cygnus Nebula near 01 Cyg

Post by Johnny Carter »

Hope your day got better, you sure captured a beautiful image.
I’ve learned a lot since I knew it all.
150mm Orion Mak-Cass, Orion StarSeeker IV GoTo mount, Telrad.
Orion 10 & 23mm (set 1.25), Explore Scientific 9 & 18mm, 2x GSO Barlow, just purchased 2” Orion twist diagonal, GSO 32mm plossl and Agena 8-24 zoom.
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Very nice image Steve.
You must be getting some nice evenings. Good for you (and us)!

Poor weather here for awhile, but, I’m fostering an 11 week old puppy and that takes lots of time (but it’s fun time). Probably won’t even try to image until next month.

Enjoying your work!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

Johnny Carter wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:12 pm Hope your day got better, you sure captured a beautiful image.
Thanks Johnny...

My day started with a call from my partner while finally getting to the gym to workout, after blowing it off all week. She said we have no water, AGAIN. The constant pressure water pump was replaced last month. This week there was no 220v at the pump but present at the controller. I tugged the wire coming from the ground and for a brief second the meter showed voltage. I turned off the breaker and pulled a bit harder and ended up with a 6 foot piece of wire in my hand. Now I am sure the entire problem was not the pump but the AC wire feeding it in the ground or possibly both.

I dug it out, five foot down and rewired it. Turned the water on, ran the shower and I hear a screaming sound from the basement. The drain was backed up again. Seems the plumber did a shitty job on the snake. He was here this morning and ran the snake all the way to the septic tank and water was once again coming in and going out.

291918554_10227659178526100_8064743517577290919_n.jpg
Last edited by Mac on Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

Juno16 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:21 pm Very nice image Steve.

Poor weather here for awhile, but, I’m fostering an 11 week old puppy and that takes lots of time (but it’s fun time). Probably won’t even try to image until next month.

Enjoying your work!
thank you Jim… Indeed the skies have improved greatly but I think that trend is ending today. Having the observatory is the only way I could do this. Certainly couldn't stay up all night and then tear it down, hard enough making it to 1am and then let it finish the night while I sleep.

Enjoy your puppy, and hope your skies clear soon! Take your puppy outside and let him see the stars as you setup and image :observer:
Steve

Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Mac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:28 pm
Juno16 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:21 pm Very nice image Steve.

Enjoying your work!
thank you Jim… Indeed the skies have improved greatly but I think that trend is ending today. Having the observatory is the only way I could do this. Certainly couldn't stay up all night and then tear it down, hard enough making it to 1am and then let it finish the night while I sleep.

Enjoy your puppy, and hope your skies clear soon! Take your puppy outside and let him see the stars as you setup and image :observer:

Thanks Steve. I wish that it were that easy. 11 weeks old and highly motivated to get into things requires 100% attention. She will be transported to VA on the 30th. Maybe I will get brave one night, but probably will just wait.

I will just admire your images until then!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

wow splendid take , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bobharmony »

Mac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:27 pm

It was me. Someone came to my door, I hit paste and submit. Unfortunately, I forgot to copy the link. LOL
I'm so glad it wasn't me for a change, Steve. So I just have to say WOW! That is a fine capture and the processing touch is superb. All that filamentary detail and great color.

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

STEVE333 United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

I like all the images Steve, especially the WFOV that includes the Crescent Nebula.

Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life outside of AP. Good luck with all of it.

Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

STEVE333 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:32 am I like all the images Steve, especially the WFOV that includes the Crescent Nebula.

Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life outside of AP. Good luck with all of it.

Steve
thanks Steve, hopefully all the fun parts like digging and snaking clogged pipes are over.
Steve

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

bobharmony wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 am
Mac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:27 pm

I'm so glad it wasn't me for a change, Steve. So I just have to say WOW! That is a fine capture and the processing touch is superb. All that filamentary detail and great color.

Bob

thanks Bob. Just so you're not glad it was me !! Between water problems and skin cancer, life has been just peachy.
Steve

MariusD69 Romania
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by MariusD69 »

Wonderful images! Well done! You can make Stellarium to show DSO/nebulae/Milky Way with Ctrl+Alt+D command. But it will be slower.
Attachments
Stelarium+DSO.jpg
Marius
Mount: iOpton Cem60, HEQ5-for spare
Scopes: newt SW 150/750PDS, dobson SW 150/1200; SW 114/500; TS Photoline 80mm f/6 Triplet APO; SW ST80
Cameras: ASI294MC Pro; ASI1600MM Pro; Atik 314L+mono; Canon 1100D; QHY5III-178m; QHY5L-II-m ; ASI224; Altair GPCAM 290M, GPCAM290C
Accessories: Baader MPCC; GPU KomakorrF4; TS Flat2; TS 0.79x FR/FF
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

MariusD69 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:06 pm Wonderful images! Well done! You can make Stellarium to show DSO/nebulae/Milky Way with Ctrl+Alt+D command. But it will be slower.
It's already showing the nebulae just not in this area.

Maybe it shows different on a PC, I have never used it on my laptop.

thanks Marius !!!!
Steve