Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Comet not sure which one??

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Hi

I was going through my images and spotted this it was took late at night around 9.30 10 pm about 2 weeks ago...does anybody have an idea what its called which one it was? the middle star is Mintaka thanks for looking all comments welcome :text-welcomewave:

Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

:observatory: NONE :observatory:
ic_1101 Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Comet not sure which one??

Post by ic_1101 »

Hi Mirrorgirl,
Unfortunately that's not a comet, that middle star is Alnitak and you have the reflection of the star Alnilam (mag 1.7) in the top right corner.
6127570.jpg
Alex
Scope: SW Esprit 120ED, Askar FRA300
Mount: ZWO AM5
Cameras: QHY268M/C, QHY183M/C, ASI290MM
Software: Pixinsight, AstroPixelProcessor, SGP
Observatory: Exploradome with Nexdome rotator
https://www.astrobin.com/users/ic_1101/
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

seconded try thanks

Promo-Website-Website full width (1).jpeg
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

ic_1101 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm Hi Mirrorgirl,
Unfortunately that's not a comet, that middle star is Alnitak and you have the reflection of the star Alnilam (mag 1.7) in the top right corner.

im really not sure of the day and time so could it still be one?

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Mirrorgirl wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:25 pm
ic_1101 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm Hi Mirrorgirl,

im really not sure of the day and time so could it still be one?

also that's not a star in top right hand corner its just where I enhanced the comet in photoshop do you think it could be a comet

ic_1101 Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by ic_1101 »

Nope, it’s definitely Alnilam. If it were a comet it would be a bright one and would certainly have been catalogued and you would see lots of images taken of it by now.
Alex
Scope: SW Esprit 120ED, Askar FRA300
Mount: ZWO AM5
Cameras: QHY268M/C, QHY183M/C, ASI290MM
Software: Pixinsight, AstroPixelProcessor, SGP
Observatory: Exploradome with Nexdome rotator
https://www.astrobin.com/users/ic_1101/
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

ic_1101 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:47 pm Nope, it’s definitely Alnilam. If it were a comet it would be a bright one and would certainly have been catalogued and you would see lots of images taken of it by now.
Hi there

I was going through my pictures again and i saw these three comets and edited them in photoshop do you know what these are called at all?
Autosave003_edited_edited.jpg

Thank you

Rhoda :observatory:

JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

Once again, not comets. Most likely that's either a tumbling satellite or some kind of aircraft, but it's not showing any any collision light flashes or red or green position lights so most likely it's a tumbling satellite. If there were three comets in a row in the night sky like that the entire planet would be a buzz about it.
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

BABOafrica Kenya
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by BABOafrica »

Never hurts to try!

The comet hunters of old (like Messier himself) would have been proud.

BABO
"In lumine tuo videbimus lumen."

Scopes: Stellarvue SV80 Raptor Carbon Fiber ED Doublet / Celestron SCT C8
Williams Optics 66mm APO / DIY 8" f/4 Newtonian astrograph / Nikon 180mm f/2.8
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-G / Celestron AVX / DIY mini-equatorial
Cameras: QHY163m / Fujifilm X-A1 (modded) / Fuji X-A2 (not modded) / Orion StarShoot Auto Guider
Filters: ZWO 7nm NB set / ZWO LRGB set / ZWO Dual Band / Astronomics UHC
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

JayTee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:01 am Once again, not comets. Most likely that's either a tumbling satellite or some kind of aircraft, but it's not showing any any collision light flashes or red or green position lights so most likely it's a tumbling satellite. If there were three comets in a row in the night sky like that the entire planet would be a buzz about it.
Lol I guess it is worth a try thanks for letting me know thank you

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Hi BABO

Yes thanks a least I know what they are now so that’s a good thing silly me lol

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

JayTee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:01 am Once again, not comets. Most likely that's either a tumbling satellite or some kind of aircraft, but it's not showing any any collision light flashes or red or green position lights so most likely it's a tumbling satellite. If there were three comets in a row in the night sky like that the entire planet would be a buzz about it.
I’m starting to get into comets now so not sure what’s what at the moment it’s all a learning process though thank you