Post your DSO images here.
SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

North America nebula

Post by SkyHiker »

Second light with my Redcat51: 20x280s, 12 flats, AVX with Fuji X-a1, stacked and edited in DSS.
The Redcat51 is beautifully made, very solid, very flat field. The built in Bahtinov mask is very handy too.
naneb_dss2.jpg
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: North America nebula

Post by messier 111 »

very nice start , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
MariusD69 Romania
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by MariusD69 »

Looks great! Well done, Henk!
Marius
Mount: iOpton Cem60, HEQ5-for spare
Scopes: newt SW 150/750PDS, dobson SW 150/1200; SW 114/500; TS Photoline 80mm f/6 Triplet APO; SW ST80
Cameras: ASI294MC Pro; ASI1600MM Pro; Atik 314L+mono; Canon 1100D; QHY5III-178m; QHY5L-II-m ; ASI224; Altair GPCAM 290M, GPCAM290C
Accessories: Baader MPCC; GPU KomakorrF4; TS Flat2; TS 0.79x FR/FF
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

I felt like the H-alpha was a bit suppressed since I equalize all colors in DSS (in peak width and peak location), which may not be right if there is more red in the picture. Of course my camera is modified too so who knows how red it should be. I took another shot at it by leaving the peak width in DSS as is for the given color, then smoothed out the autoguiding streaks in Windows Live Photo Gallery, also enhancing the contrast and adding more light - it's the difference between looking at a picture on the screen at night or during the daytime! Anyway I like this one better now.
naneb_dss4 - wlpg.jpg
I look forward what the Redcat can do on Ophiochus-rho, M31, heart and soul and more. The resolution of the stars is about the same as what I get from my 6" Mak-Newt, of course for a good comparison the exposure must be much longer.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

That's beautiful Henk, I love the green in it!
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

Decided to give it one more spin just with DSS. WLPG made the stars square and blurred the colors a bit though you can't see it on the small scale. I like the colors of this one better and the size just small enough to not see the autoguiding trails due to non-dithering (I hope).
naneb_dss5_small.jpg