M57 from last night

Post your DSO images here.
andrewsscope Great Britain
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

M57 from last night

Post by andrewsscope »

Hi all I took this last night with my Skywatcher 80ed with 183c camera,this was my first time guiding with the scope.I managed 50 seconds of 60 images and stacked using dss,managed to stack 50 minutes.I processed in Adobe and affinity and also managed to capture Beta Lyrae (Sheliak) is an easily located third magnitude star southeast of Vega, marking the southwest corner of the skewed rectangular pattern of Lyra. Sheliak is an example of an eclipsing binary star - twin stars which are so close together that no telescope can see them as a pair, but that betray their nature by blocking out one another's light as they circle each other. Sheliak swings between magnitudes 3.4 and 4.1 in a cycle of just 12.9 days; both of the stars involved are hot blue giant suns, several thousand times brighter than our own. Beta Lyrae can be compared in binoculars with Gamma Lyrae, 1.7 degrees to its east - Gamma is a steady magnitude 3.25; at maximum, the stars are nearly equals - at minimum, Sheliak is significantly the fainter of the two. Sheliak apparently is not just a double star, but a multiple; the two telescopic field stars at 47 and 86 arc seconds (magnitudes 7 and 9, respectively) seem to be members of this amazing star system...and the 7th magnitude companion is apparently also a double star. Sheliak is thus a quintuple, or five-star, system! Sheliak is approximately 800 light years away.I thought I would Share.Thanks for looking.
new13ajpeg.jpg
Andy
Telescopes :Skywatcher 80ed,Skywatcher 200p,Altair astro 60mm guidescope
Cameras: Canon 550d,Altair gp cam mono,gp cam 290c
Tripod: Eq5
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: M57 from last night

Post by messier 111 »

nice thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Greenman Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: M57 from last night

Post by Greenman »

Hi Andrew, looking good, you may want to try stacking in affinity, it now handles FITS and seems to work quite well.
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447