Post your DSO images here.
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

My Best Single-Frame of NGC 7000 North American Nebula

Post by Hankmeister3 »

I was able to get out last night. Though mostly cloudless the skies were pretty awful. Transparency was encouraging but the seeing conditions were probably Pickering 1.5 to 2 ... at best. Big time star bloat so I set about getting some ISO 6400 capture for my ongoing "Cosmos In 30 Seconds" Series. I''ll post 4 of the DSOs I captured last night at ISO 6400 with 30 second exposures, single-frame. Until then I dredged up this single-frame capture of NGC 7000 NAN back on May 30, 2020.

I was very pleased with the amount of blue/cyan and greenish nebulosity I was able to pull out from the mass of hydrogen red which typically dominates this DSO. Exposure was 180 seconds at ISO 1600 and it was captured with my 70mm f/5 Meade with a Canon EOS 77D unmodified DSLR.

Check out the meta-data.
Attachments
Meade 70mm f/5 astrograph 180 sec  ISO 1600 Single-frame Four layers
Meade 70mm f/5 astrograph 180 sec ISO 1600 Single-frame Four layers
Telescopes: Meade LX90 10-inch f/10 UHC Coma-free SCT; Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 APO ED triplet refractor; Skywatcher 72mm f/6 ED Schott doublet refractor; Meade 70mm f/5 APO quadruplet astrograph refractor; Skywatcher Quattro 8-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Orion 6-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Skywatcher SkyMax 180mm f/15 Maksutov; iOptron 150mm f/12 Maksutov; Orion f/9 Ritchey-Chretien RC astrograph
Eyepieces: Set of 7 Baader Hyperion eyepieces, 3 Meade 5000 glass handgrenades; 1970s era Japanese manufactured Meade 12.5mm Orthoscopic, and too many other eclectic eyepieces to list
Mounts: Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro mount; Orion Atlas EQ-G mount
Post-production Software: Not good enough … oh, okay ... Canon's proprietary CanoScan ArcSoft 9000F photoshop suite
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: My Best Single-Frame of NGC 7000 North American Nebula

Post by messier 111 »

very very nice image , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Hankmeister3 »

Thanks, messier. I appreciate you looking and commenting.
Telescopes: Meade LX90 10-inch f/10 UHC Coma-free SCT; Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 APO ED triplet refractor; Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 APO ED triplet refractor; Skywatcher 72mm f/6 ED Schott doublet refractor; Meade 70mm f/5 APO quadruplet astrograph refractor; Skywatcher Quattro 8-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Orion 6-inch f/4 Newtonian astrograph; Skywatcher SkyMax 180mm f/15 Maksutov; iOptron 150mm f/12 Maksutov; Orion f/9 Ritchey-Chretien RC astrograph
Eyepieces: Set of 7 Baader Hyperion eyepieces, 3 Meade 5000 glass handgrenades; 1970s era Japanese manufactured Meade 12.5mm Orthoscopic, and too many other eclectic eyepieces to list
Post-production Software: Not good enough … oh, okay ... Canon's proprietary CanoScan ArcSoft 9000F photoshop suite
Astrovetteman
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Astrovetteman »

You just AMAZE me at what you can get out of a single image!!!!
That's Great!
Tom
Scopes:TeleVue NP127is, TeleVue TV-85, Celestron C8 EdgeHD
Mount:Celestron CGEM-DX Hypertuned, CGX-L
Cameras: ASI6200MM/7POS 2”FW,QHY16200A, QHY9M, QHY10 OSC, Canon 60Da, QHY5LII, QHY PoleMaster
Guider:Orion 60mm Deluxe/ZWOASI120MC
Filters: Astrodon LRGB Gen2, Astrodon UV/IR Cut, Astrodon 3nmOIII, Astrodon 3nmSII, Baader 3.5nmHA, Baader 7nmHA
Software:MaximDL6, APT, Pixinsight, Photoshop CS5
Remote Sites: Deep Sky West-Chile, Telescope Live Australia, Chile, Spain
Cats:Pugsley, Tiggy, Panda
Dog:Noell
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Hankmeister3 »

Hey, thanks, Tom. I've gotten a bit better at processing these single-frame images over the last two years but I think I've hit the data wall. To be sure, lot of data cures a lot of problems and there's only so much data in a three minute exposure. But I'm happy to still be exploring this kind of entry-level imaging. The digital photo world really does have some pretty fantastic potential for amateur astrophotographers!
BABOafrica Kenya
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by BABOafrica »

That's a single frame? Impressive.

BABO
"In lumine tuo videbimus lumen."

Scopes: Stellarvue SV80 Raptor Carbon Fiber ED Doublet / Celestron SCT C8
Williams Optics 66mm APO / DIY 8" f/4 Newtonian astrograph / Nikon 180mm f/2.8
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-G / Celestron AVX / DIY mini-equatorial
Cameras: QHY163m / Fujifilm X-A1 (modded) / Fuji X-A2 (not modded) / Orion StarShoot Auto Guider
Filters: ZWO 7nm NB set / ZWO LRGB set / ZWO Dual Band / Astronomics UHC
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Hankmeister3 »

Now this one is a single-frame! The sky was very kind to me that night and my mount's drive and PPEC track was working perfectly. I have another frame at 210 seconds which was even more spectacular for a single-frame but unfornately the tracking wasn't as nice. Hey, thanks for your appreciation, BABO. Clear skies to you. We're still under cloudly skies with temperatures stabilizing around 31 to 33 degrees for the last ten days! I think I'm going to start putting an ice chest out back on my deck and start using it for an extra refrigerator!
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

That is really Great Henry!
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Hankmeister3 »

TheButcher wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 pm That is really Great Henry!
Thank you! I appreciate your appreciation, butcher.
Ken_nneth Norway
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ken_nneth »

Thanks for sharing, you have become a real "one shot expert". Great capture
Clear Skies
Kenenth
[media][/size][/media]Kenneth
https://www.astrobin.com/users/Ken_nneth/

ZWO SEESTAR S50
PixInsight
Hankmeister3
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Hankmeister3 »

Thank you for looking, Kenneth.