It was an auspicious start as after I placed the tripod in its marks, installed all the gear and wired up, then went to drift align, I found I was within two arc-minutes of the pole. I took that as a good omen and moved along. It was the first time I haven't had to make any tweaks to the alignment when setting up.
Next was focusing. Because it was still too early for Aldebaran or Capella to be high enough in my sky. I slewed to Caph and started there. I haven't quite gotten the knack of using the Bahtinov mask tool in
One thing I have noticed in earlier images is that the
By 1915 I started collecting 180 second subs and ran until about 0100 Thursday morning when the clouds started to move in. During that time I got 84 subs and
Data was calibrated and stacked with
Comments and suggestions are encouraged.