Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: my first asteroid animation

Post by Makuser »

Hi Rob. A superb M8 (Lagoon Nebula) image. And also captering an asteroid tracking video too is icing on the cake. I have really enjoyed this thread and the useful information presented. Thanks for sharing the amazing view with us Rob, and congratulations on winning the TSS APOD Award today.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
dcrowson United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by dcrowson »

The google drive link is wanting permission. I had clicked on it to get permission earlier today.

Based on the above, I'm thinking it probably is 64 Angelina but I will check when I get the files. It definitely isn't that mag 21 because you're no where near that deep (on a moving object). The PanSTARRS data work through tends to not get that deep most of the time with a 1.5M telescope at 8000mm. The two objects from astrometrica are showing way off, too.

This is neat stuff to me. As I've been imaging under darker skies, I tend to look and submit asteroid observations whenever I find them.

Dan
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

That is awesome Rob an Congrats on the APOD!
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Very. Ice and very cool! No matter what it’s name!

Congratulations on the apod!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Sky United States of America
Moon Ambassador

Post by Sky »

The asteroid (64) Angelina 11.9 mag looks like a perfect match with the unidentified asteroid in your image. The surrounding stars match up, along with its direction and speed. The plot shows its path over a 24 hour period.

Nice catch and a great image ....
Angelina.jpg
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

This is really cool! Well done!
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

That's a pleasure to watch Yobbo.

Congratulations on the APOD.

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

dcrowson wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:52 am The google drive link is wanting permission. I had clicked on it to get permission earlier today.

Based on the above, I'm thinking it probably is 64 Angelina but I will check when I get the files. It definitely isn't that mag 21 because you're no where near that deep (on a moving object). The PanSTARRS data work through tends to not get that deep most of the time with a 1.5M telescope at 8000mm. The two objects from astrometrica are showing way off, too.

This is neat stuff to me. As I've been imaging under darker skies, I tend to look and submit asteroid observations whenever I find them.

Dan
ok ,give this ago, i changed the permissions, i think google drive still has a limit on how many people can download it .

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

dcrowson United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by dcrowson »

Definitely Angelina. I didn't realize you had just taken Ha (and 3nm at that). That shows how bright this one is since it showed up at all.

I think this is also the reason why Astrometrica has issue solving these. I still have it running in the background attempting to solve but the Ha cuts down on the stars and you wouldn't go that deep with it anyway on asteroids.

Good stuff - thanks for posting,

Dan
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

Sky wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:18 am The asteroid (64) Angelina 11.9 mag looks like a perfect match with the unidentified asteroid in your image. The surrounding stars match up, along with its direction and speed. The plot shows its path over a 24 hour period.

Nice catch and a great image ....

good eye, yep i'm convinced it's angelina . it was one of the two that poped up astrometrica even with the poor plate solve on the ha 3nm data.

this was a fun poject , cheers for the help all .
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

jthommes United States of America
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by jthommes »

Yep, nice image and capture. Great job with the animation.

I did this area on the 17th and the 20th. There is actually a conjunction of minor planets a few days earlier (when I imaged) (64) Angelina and (974) Lioba . You caught Angelina just leaving the Lagoon area. I caught it just entering the area.

I'll post by the 6th of July on both minor planets.
Jim Thommes
Jim's Astrophotography
David Levy Maksutov Newtonian, Celestron Edge 9.25, FSQ-106N Refractor (on loan), WO ZenithStar 66 APO Refractor, WO Megrez II APO, Sigma 150 mm EOS Lens
Losmandy G11/Gemini, iOptron GEM45, Celestron Advanced VX, iOptron CEM70
ST8300M Camera, Atik 383L, Canon 350D (IR cut modified), ASI1600M, ASI294M, ASI260M
Observatory - Desert Astronomy Association (Shelter Valley, CA)