Another 150 f5 question...

Discuss your refractor type scopes here.
DeanD Australia
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Another 150 f5 question...

Post by DeanD »

OzEclipse wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:35 pm
DeanD wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:19 am Update on the binoviewer: it works with the new focuser! That 35mm shorter length compared with the original focuser makes all the difference: although I have to use a 1 1/4" diagonal. I won't have to worry about cutting the tube now.

The only problem now is that it is difficult to bring the images together if I use the supplied (Williams 20mm WA) eyepieces. It seems fine with a couple of old Meade 26mm plossls. I suspect that stupid undercut on the Williams eyepieces is causing them to tip a bit: I will do some fiddling in the daytime and try to sort it out.

Now for that BMW red paint job...
Dean,
If you measure the difference in diameter of the undercut and attach a piece of shim half that difference thick opposite the lock screw that will straighten it up. You can use an easily removable art gum glue so you can remove it if required.

Joe
Thanks Joe, I'll check it out. The silly thing is that it is a Williams binoviewer and these are the Williams supplied eyepieces...
Telescopes: 12" f5 dob, Celestron CPC800, 150mmf5 Celestron achro, Tak TSA102, TV76, ETX125...
Binos: Steiner Wildlife XP 10x26, Swarovski 8x30 Habicht, Zeiss SFL 8x40, Vanguard Endeavour 10.5x45, Fuji FMTR-SX 10x50, Tak 22x60, Orion Resolux 15x70
Eyepieces: way too many (is that possible?), but I do like my TV 32mm plossl, 13mm Nagler T6, 27mm Panoptic and 3-6mm Nagler zoom, plus Fujiyama 18mm and 25mm orthos and Tak 7.5mm LE