Created A Quickie For Days When Tired

Discuss your refractor type scopes here.
Refractordude
Interdicted
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Created A Quickie For Days When Tired

Post by Refractordude »

Sometimes I am to tired to bring the 150mm f/8 out back and set up the SkyTee II. It does not take long, but sometimes I am just to tired after work. I was going to sell the 120mm f/8, but decided to keep it attached to the VersaGo II for a quick setup. I will also keep the diagonal and zoom eyepiece attached. It takes about one and half minutes to take it out the shed and set it up with my observation chair beside it. The focuser on the Meade LX70 120 f/8 is terrible. So I attached the stock focuser that game with the 150mm f/8 Yard Canon. Left click the images.
Attachments
quick setup 4.PNG
quick setup 3.PNG
quick setup 2.PNG
quick setup 1.PNG
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Created A Quickie For Days When Tired

Post by Ylem »

That's nice that it rides on a Versago ll
My Porta Mount ll could not handle my Celestron 102.

One always needs a lighter, more portable scope for "those" nights. :)
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

That's a nice setup. Having something fully assembled to go on a momentary notice is a big plus. I have Onyx 80ED on photo tripod with Baader Mark IV zoom for that.

Nice save with C6 stock focuser. They are basic but not bad.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Lol. Sounds like me except substitute 120 and 80 for 150 and 120. Still wondering if I should sell my 120.
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hello Refractordude. It appears that you have solved the problem for a quick setup session. Although I have an 120ST refractor, the XLT150 refractor is my goto choice for a fast setup when the skies are clear. But, at my age, all of my scopes are now becoming heavier. :lol: Thanks for your interesting report Refractordude, and I very much enjoyed the nice equipment photos.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
dagadget United States of America
Mars Ambassador

Post by dagadget »

Makuser wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 pm Hello Refractordude. It appears that you have solved the problem for a quick setup session. Although I have an 120ST refractor, the XLT150 refractor is my goto choice for a fast setup when the skies are clear. But, at my age, all of my scopes are now becoming heavier. :lol: Thanks for your interesting report Refractordude, and I very much enjoyed the nice equipment photos.
Easy solution I set up my scopes inside a Sky Shed Pod get them aligned and then Hibernate them. Come home from work if it is clear open the sky shed pod up turn on the mount bring it out of Hibernate and start observing. That works great especially on this scope.
at152oncgemII.jpg
Astro-Tech AT 152EDT Ioptron GEM 45 Mount AKA FracZilla
Celestron C11 Carbon Fiber CGEM II Mount AKA Cloudzilla
Sky Watcher Mak Cas 180 Ioptron IEQ 30 AKA MoonZilla
AT 92 on IEQ 30 Pro AKA ClusterZilla
Home Made 8 inch Newtonian Reflector on Rocker Box AKA Scopezilla
Celestron 4 1/2 114 mm Newtonian Telescope 910 F/L GT Mount AKA Frankenscope.

David
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

dagadget wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 pm
Makuser wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 pm Hello Refractordude. It appears that you have solved the problem for a quick setup session. Although I have an 120ST refractor, the XLT150 refractor is my goto choice for a fast setup when the skies are clear. But, at my age, all of my scopes are now becoming heavier. :lol: Thanks for your interesting report Refractordude, and I very much enjoyed the nice equipment photos.
Easy solution I set up my scopes inside a Sky Shed Pod get them aligned and then Hibernate them. Come home from work if it is clear open the sky shed pod up turn on the mount bring it out of Hibernate and start observing. That works great especially on this scope. Image
That is a nice scope you have there Sir. Yeah, nothing like a quick setup.
dagadget United States of America
Mars Ambassador

Post by dagadget »

Refractordude wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:58 pm
dagadget wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 pm
Easy solution I set up my scopes inside a Sky Shed Pod get them aligned and then Hibernate them. Come home from work if it is clear open the sky shed pod up turn on the mount bring it out of Hibernate and start observing. That works great especially on this scope. Image
That is a nice scope you have there Sir. Yeah, nothing like a quick setup.
I had a C11 in there too but the starsense was hard to deal with so the Ioptron went in with the small AT 72EDII but the AT 152 EDT is going in after I install my Pier.
Tim2asaptersCGEMDX2.jpg
Astro-Tech AT 152EDT Ioptron GEM 45 Mount AKA FracZilla
Celestron C11 Carbon Fiber CGEM II Mount AKA Cloudzilla
Sky Watcher Mak Cas 180 Ioptron IEQ 30 AKA MoonZilla
AT 92 on IEQ 30 Pro AKA ClusterZilla
Home Made 8 inch Newtonian Reflector on Rocker Box AKA Scopezilla
Celestron 4 1/2 114 mm Newtonian Telescope 910 F/L GT Mount AKA Frankenscope.

David