Two Examples of Small Fuzzy Galaxies Gathered Together in the Sky and Vibing With a Hillbilly

Let's see your reports!
bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Two Examples of Small Fuzzy Galaxies Gathered Together in the Sky and Vibing With a Hillbilly

Post by bladekeeper »

10538 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:12 am :text-thankyoublue: Nice work Bryan! The way you were pushing that 12” around reminded me of the old visual days! Excellent report my friend!
Thanks, Ed! I'm working my way back into it. The peaceful pleasure of the star hop is a thoroughly enjoyable endeavor! :)
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

SKEtrip United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Two Examples of Small Fuzzy Galaxies Gathered Together in the Sky and Vibing With a Hillbilly

Post by SKEtrip »

Yes, the title is great.
Even better is getting to read one of your visual reports. Lord let skies clear so the astro bard can be free!

Great shots too, Bryan. As much as the AP frustrates there are times it is worth it.
AD10, SV102T, AR127 & ST80
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts
ES82 11 18 24, ES100 5.5 9 14 20, KK Orthos, BCO's, Vixen HR 2.4, 3.4 Vortex 10X50,
ACD 75 Astro Mutt - Rest in Peace Wubby
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein

JimMinCT United States of America
Saturn Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JimMinCT »

+1 for the sneaky Floydian Reference...
Nice job, Bryan!
OTA's: Kson 1026-C, 4" Carbon Fiber ED Refractor, Home-built, 6.1", f/2.? APO refractor... (In Progress) 8" Meade LX2 SCT Mounts: CGX Imaging: ZWO ASI 1600MM, Canon 550D (T2i) Software: PixInsight, APT, PHD2, SharpCap, SGP, Stellarium, Registax, Stuff: Astro-Tech 0.8x FR/FF, Hotech SCA FF, ZWO 7nm 31mm LRGB-SHO filter set, ZWO 8 position EFWObsy: "Maybe Spaceship" Observatory
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Man, been awhile since I have read a report like that from you!

Super read. Great pics on the sn’s. I have yet to spot one or even try.

AP pisses you off. I can relate, but we love it!

Take care and thanks for the entertainment (and excellent photos). AP might piss you off, but you are pretty damn good at it!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
bladekeeper

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

SKEtrip wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 am Yes, the title is great.
Even better is getting to read one of your visual reports. Lord let skies clear so the astro bard can be free!

Great shots too, Bryan. As much as the AP frustrates there are times it is worth it.
Thanks, Steve! Astro bard! I like it! :lol:

JimMinCT wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 am +1 for the sneaky Floydian Reference...
Nice job, Bryan!
Thank you, Jim! :)

Juno16 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:19 am Man, been awhile since I have read a report like that from you!

Super read. Great pics on the sn’s. I have yet to spot one or even try.

AP pisses you off. I can relate, but we love it!

Take care and thanks for the entertainment (and excellent photos). AP might piss you off, but you are pretty damn good at it!
Thanks, Jim!

I'm so stressed out lately I think a lot of stuff pisses me off. We had some rough network trouble today at work and it cause all kinds of issues. After that was mostly resolved, I had to find about $63,000,000.00 in cash letter data that was off in the ether somewhere. Finally got that located and brought in. I was telling one of my co-workers, "I'm am trying my level best to maintain the physical integrity of the blood vessels in my head!"

My boss overheard that and she said, "Are you doing ok today?"

"YES! I'M DOING JUST FINE. HOW ARE YOU?" :D :D :lol:

I need a day off. :lol:
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

NGC 1365 Australia
Saturn Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by NGC 1365 »

Thanks for the report Bryan, can relate to not being able to find equipment when needed. Nice job on bagging at least one of the SN's visually and capturing both in images, thanks for sharing.
Ivan
terrynak
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by terrynak »

Wonderful Bryan - good to see you back out observing with the AD12 again, along with imaging deep sky with the 4"! As I may have mentioned before, I've not done any observing from home since April of last year. Only sessions since was binocular observing at the RTMC 2019 last year (after 51 years, that Star Party ceases to exist) and of course, from the outskirts of Brisbane, AU (with help from the locals).

I have a few vinyl Pink Floyd in my collection (e.g. Animals, The Wall), but the only one on CD and downloaded on my laptop is "Piper at the Gates of Dawn".

Been stressing from work more myself since I started showing up 5 days a week after my laptop crashed mid-last year. I just took off work today and will announce next week that I will work at home on Fridays - back to a 4-day schedule (now that I have a new laptop). Should make life a little easier.

Sorry, I thought I posted something a few days ago on this report but apparently I forgot to submit.
Scopes: Reflectors, refractors, and 1 catadioptric. Ranging in aperture from 50mm to 150mm.
bladekeeper

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

NGC 1365 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:57 pm Thanks for the report Bryan, can relate to not being able to find equipment when needed. Nice job on bagging at least one of the SN's visually and capturing both in images, thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Ivan! Much appreciated!

I used to run a pretty tight astro-ship as far as keeping things in the proper places and cases. I've gone a bit lax in the last year and need to get reorganized. :lol:

terrynak wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:01 pm Wonderful Bryan - good to see you back out observing with the AD12 again, along with imaging deep sky with the 4"! As I may have mentioned before, I've not done any observing from home since April of last year. Only sessions since was binocular observing at the RTMC 2019 last year (after 51 years, that Star Party ceases to exist) and of course, from the outskirts of Brisbane, AU (with help from the locals).

I have a few vinyl Pink Floyd in my collection (e.g. Animals, The Wall), but the only one on CD and downloaded on my laptop is "Piper at the Gates of Dawn".

Been stressing from work more myself since I started showing up 5 days a week after my laptop crashed mid-last year. I just took off work today and will announce next week that I will work at home on Fridays - back to a 4-day schedule (now that I have a new laptop). Should make life a little easier.

Sorry, I thought I posted something a few days ago on this report but apparently I forgot to submit.
Thanks, Terry! Yeah, that's a darn shame about RTMC ending. While I understand their reasoning (I suppose), it seems to have been a well-regarded annual gathering from reports from yourself, Henk, and others.

As for work, I got a new department added to my realm of authority back in December. It has been quite eye-opening and educational. Good to get out of my comfort zone though. Fortunately, the team members there are great folks with excellent work ethic, so I'm just trying to learn the ropes to manage effectively and not come across like a ding-dong. :lol:

Knowing me, I'll come across like a ding-dong anyway. I had to tell the supervisor last week, "Please feel free to tell me to calm the hell down if I'm getting a little nutsy." He said, "Nah, you're good." :lol:
Bryan