Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

The night a captured m45

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Hi to all

It was 6 pm at night and I was twiddling my fingers wondering if it was going to be a clear night or another cloudy night, I just can’t seem to get a decent weather app that tells me the truth lol...9pm came and it was very clear “yes” I can now get more data on the m45.
I toddled of to the spare bedroom where I keep all my astrophotography equipment..telescopes and mounts..and I started to get things together to start a long waited session..i struggled taking equipment to front and then I started to put my equipment together, I got my compass out but something wasn’t right it was not pointing to the north properly...I think it was because of metal near by interfering...so I moved the telescope along a bit more and started to PolarAlign but when I found the North Star in my scope it was way off I had a hard time finding it lol...
I brought myself an interval timer and I couldn’t get it to work what a disaster I even watched YouTube videos still could not get it to work, so I had to take images the hard way of m45 and that was to take a picture every 30 seconds...I took 100 30 seconds and 20 darks at 30 seconds.. in between I kept nipping inside for warmth and a cuppa tea I was freezing lol..the camera screen had all dew on it I had to wipe it.
After the session I was really excited..I took my equipment inside..and I gathered all my pictures and put them into folders on my computer..it was either stay up all night or go to bed, I chose to stay up all night and process...like most of you are aware it took a while to get the right image I wanted..but I got it in the end..and guess what I now know how to use a interval timer lol.
6A8D117C-2815-4E6F-A9AD-24426D3F2DD4.jpeg
6A8D117C-2815-4E6F-A9AD-24426D3F2DD4.jpeg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

:observatory: NONE :observatory:
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: The night a captured m45

Post by messier 111 »

fine report , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Nice capture Mirrorgirl! Worth the effort.:)
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by John Baars »

Fine report!
And a brief overview of technical and physical problems we all face from time to time. Funny!
Thank you!
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.
Harshil Canada
Mars Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Harshil »

Nice Image of M45! Beautiful
Telescope: Celestrone 76Az powerseeker
Softwere: Stellarium, Sky-Safari
Binocular: Olympus dps i 10x50

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/patelharshil_02/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/deepskyastronomy
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk_vU ... wgI2EVRWxw
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Very nice! I spent a little time visually on M45 last night before the clouds rolled in and was concentrating on the little triangle here to see how dim I could go with my 80mm:
m45 mg.jpeg
m45 mg.jpeg (21.69 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

@Mirrorgirl The trials and tribulations of astronomy Rhoda.

We have all been there to some degree or other, but perseverance is the key to success.

Well done and keep at it :smile:
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Lookin' good 👍
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Greenman Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Greenman »

Hi Mirrorgirl

Neat report, getting any accurate weather forecast in the UK is hit or miss at best. I tend to rely on Scope nights as the closest I can find. Looking at the sky and horizons by eye is the most reliable :)

Nice manual image, I mostly process the next day, but it depends how good the subs look :D
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447

WilliamPaolini United States of America
Saturn Ambassador
Articles: 9

TSS Awards Badges

Post by WilliamPaolini »

pakarinen wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm Very nice! I spent a little time visually on M45 last night before the clouds rolled in and was concentrating on the little triangle here to see how dim I could go with my 80mm:
[/url]
FYI, those 3 little stars are part of a quadruple star system. The very much brighter Alcyone which they are adjacent to (mag 2.9), is the primary A component of the multiple star system (STF4008/STFA8 or WDS 03475+2406). The 3 companions to Alcyone (i.e., B, C, and D) are: 24 Tau, V647 Tau, and HD23608, magnitudes 6.3, 8.3, and 8.7 respectively.
-Bill

U.S.A.F. Veteran - Visual Amateur Astronomer since 1966 - Fully Retired since 2019
8" f/5 Newt - Lunt 152 f/7.9 - TSA 102 f/8 - Vixen 81S f/7.7 - P.S.T. - Pentax 65ED II - Nikon 12x50 AE
Pentax XWs - Baader Morpheus - Takahashi LEs - Edmund RKEs - BST Starguiders - 6ZAO-II/5XO/4Abbe
PM and Email communications always welcomed
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Hi pakarinen

Yes I see the triangle stars I never noticed that before...you learn something new every time...thanks for pointing this out to me
And clear sky’s :Astronomer1:
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Thank you butterfly for your lovely comments..your right wanting something bad anoth is that you have to keep at it...I always try my best at what I do even though it’s a struggle sometimes..but I feel much better when I know I have done something.

Thank you
Butterfly

turboscrew
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by turboscrew »

Cool report (pun intended), and nice pic!
- Juha

Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, Mount: CEM120, Tri-pier 360 and alternative dobson mount.
Grab 'n go: Omegon AC 102/660 on AZ-3 mount
Eyepieces: 26 mm Omegon SWAN 70°, 15 mm TV Plössl, 12.5 mm Baader Morpheus, 10 mm TV Delos, 6 mm Baader Classic Ortho, 5 mm TV DeLite, 4 mm and 3 mm TV Radians
Cameras: ZWO ASI 294MM Pro, Omegon veLOX 178C
OAG: TS-Optics TSOAG09, ZWO EFW 7 x 36 mm, ZWO filter sets: LRGB and Ha/OIII/SII
Explore Scientific HR 2" coma corrector, Meade x3 1.25" Barlow, TV PowerMate 4x 2"
Some filters (#80A, ND-96, ND-09, Astronomik UHC)
Laptop: Acer Enduro Urban N3 semi-rugged, Windows 11
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

Mirrorgirl wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:24 pm Thank you butterfly for your lovely comments..your right wanting something bad anoth is that you have to keep at it...I always try my best at what I do even though it’s a struggle sometimes..but I feel much better when I know I have done something.

Thank you
Butterfly
You are an inspiration to others Rhoda.

All that can be expected of anyone is that you try your best. The results may not always be great, or as we hoped or expected, but the rewards come when we are thrilled with what we have achieved.

Ultimately, we are really only trying to please ourselves but we like to share our passions with other people. Hopefully others will learn to try techniques that you have explained and perfected. It is a learning process, so please keep showing us your work :smile:
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.