Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

My daughters New Years Eve Moon

Post by Thefatkitty »

Hey all, hope the New Year is working out a little better for you :D

I have been away since just before Christmas and came home this past Thursday. Hadn't seen my wife and daughter since Dec 21st, so that was a happy reunion. And in case you're wondering; no, I wasn't in jail, though it felt like it :lol:

I had talked to both of them a few times on the phone though. My daughter called me on Dec 30th, a Wednesday. We talked about a few things, mostly her taking school from home, Mum teaching school from home, and you and Mommy haven't killed each other yet; that's so sweet :lol:

Then she told me it was supposed to be clear New Years Eve, so she downloaded Stellarium on her phone, saw the Moon would be up, and she was wondering if she could take out my scope and take some shots of the Moon if it was indeed clear. She said if I was at home I'd do that, so since I wasn't going to be...
What, really?

Sarah and I are two peas in a pod. We both have similar interests, same warped sense of humor (just ask my wife), same sheepy hair, though hers is longer, and we both only wear black, dark blue or grey; except in the summer where we both agree a white t-shirt is allowed... We listen to the same music and radio station, watch the same shows; I could go on.

I also taught her how to do basic welding this past summer with my MIG, and she often comes outside when I'm out with a scope. And there's been a few times this year where we've had a fire and we both have a couple beers. The conversations get interesting; she can tell me anything. Yeah, trust me kiddo, your old man has probably been there, done that :D

The best part is, her grades are always good (very motivated) and I think I've been mad at her four times in her 15 years of life. She's just a good kid, no bragging intended; I lucked out for sure. She once told me she didn't like it when I was mad at her; in her words, "Daddy, you don't freak out which is good, but it's the disappointed look on your face and the silence that I don't like". That's just me and hey, whatever works ;)

Back to her taking out my scope. It's a black 1996 or 97 Celestron C80-HD achro at f/11.4. Vixen optics (the last of them in these Celestron scopes) and sharp as a tack. It's mounted on the CG4 it came with. I use it primarily for Moon and occasional planet shots. For visual, I have an old orange C80 at f/11.6 made in the early eighties, also with Vixen optics that I use on the same CG4 (bought the scope as a tube only; so wish I had the original Polaris mount!). It just doesn't come to focus with my DSLR.
07.png
06.png

The camera, a Canon T2i, was in the scope already, remote shutter hooked up and set to Manual, so she didn't have to worry about that. She wanted to know the ISO and shutter settings (did I mention she took photography last year in school?) for the Moon. I asked her what phase it was going to be at and she said almost full. I told her to go with ISO400 and start at 1/800th sec exposure and go up to 1/2000th. How many shots at each setting? 15 to 20 should do it was my reply.

And please kiddo, be careful taking my scope out... At least it's right at the back door :D I also informed her that my red light LED was on the shelf near the scope, in case you need light. I was thinking, she doesn't know the camera buttons by "feel" in the dark like I do.

The following Monday, Jan 4th, I briefly talked to my wife and daughter; I was wiped. Sarah was really excited; she said it was warm out and the sky was really clear, and I took a total of 100 shots and the Moon was in all of them! And Daddy, I didn't bang your scope, Mum helped me out with it. Well, I need to get out of here and take a look at all this and hear how it came to pass.... That would be some time in coming.

Fast forward to last Thursday. As I said, the girls picked me up, and on the way home, I got a shot of a small sundog. My wife was driving, I took this with my phone. The sundog is in the middle of the picture, just above the road.
Sundog.JPG

My family with me, a minor sky event, and going home after almost a month. Best day in quite some time! :lol:

We got in, and after all the catching up, Sarah wanted to download and even stack her shots if I was up to it. I had to sleep though, and she understood. Tomorrow's another day kiddo, you can tell me about it and we'll download them to the PC then :D

Friday I was up at about 6AM and felt pretty good, though I knew it probably wouldn't last. Sarah was awake and heard me, so downstairs we went.

As the camera was transferring files, she told me what she did.

At about 9PM on New Year's Eve, with a fairly warm temp of 4C (~38F), her and mum took the scope out the door and put in in the spot I usually do. Sarah said she held the mount and rear end of the scope, and backed out the door with it while mum guided the front and one of the legs. It's actually a funny mental image....

She knew the Moon would be pretty much overhead at midnight, but she said she wanted some time to get used to the scope controls and the camera. She ended up getting my red light LED as well. She said she also remembered I told her once for Moon shots, cheat and point the scope south. This way the RA and DEC knobs are close together.

At about 10PM, she said the Moon was coming up over the roof. She waited for half an hour, then went out again and using the RA finderscope, got the Moon lined up in the scope. She said it took her about 15 minutes to do this using the RA and DEC knobs. She said it was amazing; looking through the finderscope; the Moon was so sharp, Dad! Then she turned on the camera, and using the red LED, set it to live view.

She zoomed in to 10X and told me that everything was a little blurry. That's when she got an almost guilty look on her face and said, Dad, I adjusted your focuser a bit and the moon was a lot sharper.... :lol:

I replied seriously, kiddo, why the guilty look? Guaranteed you can see so much better than me; if you feel the need, you fill your boots! Your old man is just that, old... ;)

Anyways, she told me she tracked the Moon for about 20 minutes to get used to the controls. She said it took about 2 full camera screens and turns on the RA knob before she had to slightly adjust the DEC knob.

By this time it was just after 11PM, and that's when she went in, warmed up, and at 11:30 she came back out.

She told me the Moon had moved to the right a fair bit, so she adjusted the scope again and said it only took her about a minute to get the large rock back in the focuser/camera view; big smile on both our faces at this moment :D

Then she started taking pictures. She said the camera was already at ISO 400 and set to 1/800th sec exp. She started with that, and took 20 shots. Then 20 more at 1/1000th, 1/1250th, 1/1600th, and finally 1/2000th.

By now the 100 pictures were on the computer. We took a look at the RAW files, and she was so happy they all turned out. So kiddo, Dad is gonna teach you how to stack and process... :D

I'll make a long story short... I sat back, told her what to do and had her do the work. Best way to learn. I have options saved in PIPP, ImPPG for monochrome and Registax for color for the Sun and Moon, so that was pretty easy. The only real work was AS3; we tried a few things, and more so she could get a feel for it.

I have to say, all the stacks came out well, though the 1/800th's were kind of blown out, and the 1/2000th were a tad too dark.

We ended up using the 1/1600th sec exposure stack. It was the most balanced for detail and contrast out of the lot. She played with my setting in both ImPPG and Registax with that stack; and I'm happy she adjusted it to the way she wanted after looking at mine. I've saved her settings as Sarah.pof and Sarah.rwv respectively :D

And this is how it came out, again, her settings in all of this. BTW, the time on the photos was 11:42-43 PM EST.

The RAW files as stacked with AS3:
1600EXP_ISO400.jpg

With ImPPG (a bit sharper):
1600EXP_ISO400_ImPPG.jpg

With Registax (yay, cheesy achro!):
1600EXP_ISO400_Reg.jpg

She was thrilled, and so was I :D My question is, have I created the beginnings of an AP monster?? :lol:

We're going to take the photos to the local Loblaws (grocery/superstore) and print out the images; she wants to frame one of the three; probably the cheesy achro. I'm curious to see how they come out!

I'm so happy and proud of her. And not even because the pictures she took turned out.

She thought of me when I was away, and went to the effort to try something that she wanted to do and knew we'd both have/had a good time with. She is so my child.

Even if the pics had shown nothing but black sky, I'd still be that happy father. The fact that the pictures turned out is just icing on the effort cake :D

Nice to be home and good to be back with my family and all of you on here. I started writing this Friday night, and now, almost 72 hours later.... This is probably my longest post ever; man, I can ramble! I just read through this; if you've made it this far, I am seriously impressed :lol:

It's just after 5PM here on the Monday and I need to snooze :lol:

Have a good night all!
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Re: My daughters New Years Eve Moon

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Thanks for a lovely account of your daughter's solo observing! I hope that the confinement went well and you'll have many more outings to share. :)
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

A wonderful story and images, she did a nice job with these. :)
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Makuser »

Hi Mark. I was just saying on the Mod Squad forum earlier how good it is to have you back with us. I took classes in oxy acetylene, AC and DC arc welding classes many years ago, and I do a good job. My youngest son, besides being an ASE certified mechanic to L2, can do MIG and TIG welding and teaches automotive repair at a local college, so like everything else I do in my life, my welding is now "old hat". I am so happy that you are back home, and I really enjoyed Sarah's wonderful lunar images, as I am first a lunartic, then a planetary, and then a DSO guy. Thank you so much for your great, well written, and heart warming report Mark, and the kindest of blessings to you and to your family.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

superb photos and story , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

Hi Mark,

Great story with excellent images.
Thefatkitty wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:21 pm My question is, have I created the beginnings of an AP monster??
Only if you choose to pay for it!!!

Cheers and tell Sarah "nicely done",
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Thanks for the great read Mark!

Your daughter loves you very much. If you have created a AP monster, congratulations!
I’m sure that makes you as proud as you can be.

She is pretty darn good at AP and her images are excellent and inspiring. Great job dad!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by John Baars »

A nice story about how daddy's girl became an astrophotographer.
A great story about the special bond between a father and his daughter.
If you accept that she will pass you left and right very soon, you will enjoy this quality time for a long time to come.
I know because I've been there with my sons.
I wish you and your family many happy hours!

Btw. Nice pics!!
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.
kt4hx United States of America
Articles: 4

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

Looks like you taught Sarah well Mark. Its wonderful you can share the same interests as it is a true bonding factor and creates memories that last a lifetime. :)
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
ES AR127 f/6.5 || ES ED80 f/6 || Apertura 6" f/5 Newtonian
Mounts: ES Twilight-II and Twilight-I
EPs: AT 82° 28mm UWA || TV Ethos 100° 21mm and 13mm || Vixen LVW 65° 22mm ||
ES 82° 18mm || Pentax XW 70° 10mm, 7mm and 5mm || barlows
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Astronomers, we look into the past to see our future." (me)
"Seeing is in some respect an art, which must be learnt." (William Herschel)
"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)
"No good deed goes unpunished." (various)
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
MistrBadgr United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by MistrBadgr »

Fantastic, all the way around! :)
Bill Steen
Many small scopes, plus a Lightbridge 12, LX 70-8R,6R,6M
Many eyepieces, just not really expensive ones.
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Congrats Mark! It feels great when your kids join in your hobbies. I am sure you have enough scopes for both of you. :)
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 592

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Great report and congrats Mark on winning the VROD for today. Yeah, there are some pics but kudos to you and your daughter.
app.php/article/4-30-2021-tss-visual-report-of-the-day
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by John Baars »

Congratulations on the VROD!
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1044

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

Congratulations on the VROD Mark!!!

Great report!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

j.gardavsky Germany
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by j.gardavsky »

Hello Mark,

my most sincere congratulations on your VROD!

With your daughters' interest into the astro imaging, this may become pretty expensive.
Get them married, as soon as possible,

JG
6" F/5 Sky-Watcher achro, 2" BBHS Star Diagonal, 2" zenith prism, 1.25" Takahashi prism
Leica 82mm APO Televid
Eyepieces: Docter UWA; Leica B WW and WW Asph. Zoom; Leica HC Plan S and L, monocentric; Pentax SMC XW, O-, XO; Tak MC O, Carl Zeiss B WW, and Pl, E-Pl, S-Pl, W-Pl;
Swarovski SW; Baader Symmetric Diascope Edition; Nikon NAV SW, ; TMB supermonocentric; Rodenstock; Vixen HR; TV Delos
Filters: Astrodon, Astronomik, Baader, Balzers, Zeiss West and East, Lumicon
Binoculars (7x42 up to 15x85): Docter Nobilem, Leica Ultravid, Nikon Astroluxe, Swarovski EL Swarovision; BA8 (Kunming Optical)
John Donne United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by John Donne »

Congratulations, Mark !
SCOPES :ES127 f7.5, SW100 f9 Evostar, ES80 F6, LXD75 8" f10 SCT, 2120 10" f10 SCT, ES152 f6.5.
MOUNTS: SW AZ/EQ5, MEADE LXD75, CELESTRON CG4, Farpoint Parallelogram.
BINOCULARS: CL 10X30, Pentax 8X43, 25X100 Oberwerks.
EP: Many.

"I am more than a sum of molecules.
I am more than a sum of memories or events.
I do not one day suddenly cease to be.
I am, before memory.
I am, before event.
I am"
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Congratulations Mark :)
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Congratulations from here as well!
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
kt4hx United States of America
Articles: 4

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

Congrats on the VROD Mark.
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
ES AR127 f/6.5 || ES ED80 f/6 || Apertura 6" f/5 Newtonian
Mounts: ES Twilight-II and Twilight-I
EPs: AT 82° 28mm UWA || TV Ethos 100° 21mm and 13mm || Vixen LVW 65° 22mm ||
ES 82° 18mm || Pentax XW 70° 10mm, 7mm and 5mm || barlows
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Astronomers, we look into the past to see our future." (me)
"Seeing is in some respect an art, which must be learnt." (William Herschel)
"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)
"No good deed goes unpunished." (various)
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
prowler75
Mars Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by prowler75 »

Great VROD! Congrats Mark!
Craig
Telescopes: Zhumell Z12, Orion XT8, Explore Scientific FL-AR127/1200, Celestron Omni XLT AZ 102, Tasco 8v
Eyepieces: GSO 30mm, Explore Scientific 70° 25mm, 82° 18mm, 11mm, 8.8mm, 6.5mm. KK Orthos 12mm and 9mm
Binoculars: Oberwerk 15x70