Discuss binoculars.
Nakedgun United States of America
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Kowa BD II 6.5x32

Post by Nakedgun »

I generally binocular observe with 10x because they allow me to go deeper than 7x or 8x, but sometimes recognizing starfields when searching for the quarry from my dim light polluted backyard can be troublesome with their narrower field. Some reviews on the recently introduced Kowa 6.5x32s prompted me to try the 10° field they offer.

Used them last night under clear, but windy conditions, my 10x50s alongside, and I am sufficiently impressed enough that the Kowas will be with me for any observing session. I see them as a "finder" for whatever higher mag pair I'm using.

IMGP0215 - Copy.JPG
"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Kowa BD II 6.5x32

Post by John Baars »

I have heard of them. A nice pair of binoculars!
Quite easy to hold them steady. Large field of view.
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.