Help With Orion VersaGo II Mount

Discuss Orion mounts.
Refractordude
Interdicted
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Help With Orion VersaGo II Mount

Post by Refractordude »

I have seen images and read that this extension tube is compatible with the Versago II. However, at the place of attachment it is lose with a rattle. The scope balances perfectly well. However, shake time is about 10 seconds. It is clearly coming from the attachment area. Has anyone tried to attach a VersaGo II to the this Skyview Pro eq mount extension tube? Right click the image. Thanks to you all.

https://www.telescope.com/Orion/Orion-V ... /10105.uts
Attachments
image 2.PNG
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Help With Orion VersaGo II Mount

Post by Refractordude »

Even a scope half the size you see in the image would not work. I am doing something wrong at the attachment area. Thanks
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

Tried putting them together again. It now works/attaches fine. Not sure what I did wrong the first try at attaching. At 300 magnification aimed at some tree leaves the vibration is now about 4 seconds. If I keep my fingers on the focuser knob for about a second before releasing, it is around two and half seconds. This is without the vibration pads, and the tripod eyepiece holder/spreader. I also added another dovetail screw for security. I got the screw from my Skyview Pro mount, which saved a trip to the Home Depot. The stability is coming from the extension tube and shortening the tripod legs. I am now not so sure about buying a SkyTee mount. Will still be using the Skyview Pro eq, but only for home use on the moon and planets. I just need to get a tracker. Orion emailed me the tracker manual which I am studying before buying.
Attachments
image 1.PNG
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Great that you have sorted out it RD! If the mount works fine for your purpose there is no need to buy another.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255